5 months and not a single update?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I sold mine and went back to the AFX2. Would consider getting an FX8 again for a grab and go combo amp situation, but alas, every time I check if it has been updated at all...NADA. Very disappointed. I won't touch one of these until certain functionality becomes available.

Give it time, my brother. FAS just completed a high-manpower product rollout. FX8 updates will come.

I won't touch one of these until certain functionality becomes available.
Gotta go with what's right for you.

Of course, Tremonti is simply expressing frustration with the wait period and as a previous owner of an FX8 (and a longtime forum member), has earned the right to do so. That said, I wish he would have stated which updates/fixes in particular he’s been hoping for. I’ve been using mine almost every day for several months with few issues but I’m a pretty traditional effects guy.

Last edited:
i don't understand starting a complaint thread about a device you don't even own....
Because I did own it and sold it because functionality wise, it did not deliver. 4 AI switches and 4 Patch changes per bank should have been program function 101 for the FX8. Sadly it wasn't, nor have they made a single attempt to bring anything to the table in 5 months. When I bought it I assumed this logic of functionality would be there. My mistake.... And theirs for not implementing from get go or last 5 months.

They don't owe me a thing... Just logging a complaint and why I do not own it anymore.

New firmware is coming soon. The engineers have been devoted to AX-8 for the last five months. Our engineering resources are limited.

We did, however, design the AX-8 and FX-8 to share as much software as possible so a lot of the AX-8 work and functionality will therefore find it's way into the FX-8 update with little effort.

The FX-8 will never have the type of update frequency that the Axe-Fx products have had. It's not that type of product. The vast majority of customers love the product just as it is. We do listen to our customers and if we deem a wish or suggestion to be feasible and desirable then we will attempt to add it, if possible. Did you post your wishes anywhere? We cannot implement features if we are unaware of the request.

In the Post where you sold the FX-8 you wrote "Zero issues and functions 100%" and now you start a thread to complain about Zero issues and functions 100%?? Hmmm...?!?

In the Post where you sold the FX-8 you wrote "Zero issues and functions 100%" and now you start a thread to complain about Zero issues and functions 100%?? Hmmm...?!?

That's twisting it a bit - that comment in his ad I would assume means it is working fine in the context of the current firmware and has nothing to do with wishlist type features he had hoped for.

That's twisting it a bit - that comment in his ad I would assume means it is working fine in the context of the current firmware and has nothing to do with wishlist type features he had hoped for.

Ahh.. No! I read this "Because I did own it and sold it because functionality wise, it did not deliver." absolutly as an issue and assuming is not knowing...

New firmware is coming soon. The engineers have been devoted to AX-8 for the last five months. Our engineering resources are limited.

We did, however, design the AX-8 and FX-8 to share as much software as possible so a lot of the AX-8 work and functionality will therefore find it's way into the FX-8 update with little effort.

The FX-8 will never have the type of update frequency that the Axe-Fx products have had. It's not that type of product. The vast majority of customers love the product just as it is. We do listen to our customers and if we deem a wish or suggestion to be feasible and desirable then we will attempt to add it, if possible. Did you post your wishes anywhere? We cannot implement features if we are unaware of the request.

I understand and probably knew the FX8 wouldn't get the same amount or attention in regards to updates. I'm ok with that. My wish has been posted. If I had one request to make things adequate it would be per bank to have assignable IA in top or bottom 4 and 4 patch changes in the top or bottom.

Again....my fault for not reading the online manual prior to purchasing, but just thought this would definitely something that would have been a basic set up option, from the get go. Here we are 5 months in and nothing. You have priorities....I have wishes. Not kicking any puppies in disgust.

Last edited:
My post was to point towards why I sold my FX8. Lack of, what I deem, basic features in regards to updates. Maybe my title was off-putting, but direct it is.

Listen....I love Fractal, I love my AXFII and MFC101. These are complaints that caused me to not want to keep the FX8. Really wanted to.

I also love Apple Iphones and Apple TV. Guess what? I wish Apple TV would allow you to rent a movie and have 48hours to watch it instead of 24. Run out of time with kids some weekends. Also wish you could rent a movie and within 48hours choose to buy it for the price minus the rental(you don't know if you want to own a movie until you watch it!). These are complaints....not starting a war and I'm entitled to absolute squat. Not holding hostages here.....just USING THE FORUM.

Chris...your help on these sites has been great for a lot of folks, including me. Not sure why you have to post something like this towards me? You're better than this.
Well, you do come off a bit cranky in your OP, old man. Not the way we know you either.

And the thing doesn't have amp simulation, where usually the most of the updating takes place.

Back
Top Bottom