5 Minute Tones

That would be super fun. I did a Slowdive preset build a while ago but MBV is a whole other level of wild!
Yes I just watched it!
I had an FX550 when they came out.
Brings back a lot of memories.

I wasn't able to run a proper big amp, so I used it to play using headphones.
The thing was, I was able to get all these effects without having loads of pedals.
What influenced me to get it was I could hear swooshing on Morbid Angel and The Cure. Also, someone let me play through an 'Art unit' once. And thirdly, I remember watching Andy Summers on TV demonstrating all his rack effects a few years before I started playing guitar.

In the shop, I asked if the guy could get it to swoosh, he didn't know what I meant.
When I got home with it, it did actually swoosh.
Turns out I was referring to flanging, but I didn't know what it was, haha.
I always thought the presets were pretty good.

Re: MBV, I do feel like an old codger. I was listening to them before Loveless was made!

If you like Marshalls the Splawn models are well worth a look. Sounding great on the current firmware.

Goddammit man, this will now replace my favorite 6CA7 amp block channel

This has the same kind of saturation but this is a lot tighter.

Last edited:
@2112 this sounds sick. Thank you for doing this. You mentioned you'd post a link to the preset in the YouTube video description, but I don't see it anywhere. Am I missing something obvious?

@2112 this sounds sick. Thank you for doing this. You mentioned you'd post a link to the preset in the YouTube video description, but I don't see it anywhere. Am I missing something obvious?
@2112 Leon this sounds AMAZING! I cannot find the preset in the video description either. I also looked on the Axe Change. Can you share it please kind sir?

@2112 Leon this sounds AMAZING! I cannot find the preset in the video description either. I also looked on the Axe Change. Can you share it please kind sir?

You've got to look at the description at the top of the page at YouTube. Leon's posting links to presets like this on his Patreon because they're actually preset bundles, with the non-factory IR included.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/96329731?pr=true

UPDATE - I've updated this post to include a playlist to all the videos in the series, which I will keep updated as new videos are added.

I've seen more comments along the lines of "But I don't want to spend hours tweaking, I just want to play" pop up on my videos recently, so I decided to start a little series which is more focussed on dialling tones quickly and easily. Here's the first which deals with the USA C++, an all time favourite.

If you've got suggestions for amps or effects you'd like to see given this treatment let me know!

Thank you,Leon.You are a gift and a blessing to Fractal comunity

Back
Top Bottom