5 Minute Tones

Here's some crusty stuff with the RV50

I had one of those a few years back. It definitely wasn't for me because of a couple of things it really couldn't do, but really good to learn what it can do. I learnt a thing or 2 about Octave Distortion too... Great video, and great to know I don't need to get another Rockerverb to have easy access to the tones.

I really appreciate the "5 minute tones" series - bite-sized and bijou.

Any chance of re-visiting the Friedmans (please)?

Revisited the JTM45 today. Sounds great with the bright cap pushed a little higher for rock tones!

@2112 Hey Leon, noticed you using the Nobelium Drive pedal. I don't have that one in my FM9. Is there another you'd pair it with for a similar sound? Love the tones you're getting! Much appreciated.

The Atomica is quite the modded Marshall platform, isn't it!
It can do the Hair Metal thing, but also the modern take on the hot rodded chugga chugga Marshall, think Fortin/Monomyth/Ground Zero and the likes.

To get me in the ball park with my guitar (Baritone in Bb standard, Duncan Pegasus in the bridge) and cab (Ownhammer Moabi) I do this:
  • Bass dimed, dial back mids a tad, raise treble, presence and depth a tad
  • Raise NF
  • Lower depth frequency (depends on your tuning)
  • raise saturation
  • raise low cut frequency in the input eq (depends on your tuning)
  • change preamp tubes to a harder variant (gives a bit more bite)

What a fun black box it is!

Last edited:
There are so many great amps in the box I get lost sometimes
Honestly the new Silver Jubilee and 2203 Hi w a good boost in front and the EVH Stealth channels I am enjoying immensely
im trying hard not to update to the beta yet. but it aint easy w all the kudos it's getting.

im trying hard not to update to the beta yet. but it aint easy w all the kudos it's getting.

It is pretty f***ing awesome - even without the gapless goodness! The list of improvements was so long that scrolling past it to reply to it started triggering vertigo, and I had to snip out the list in replying because the forum has a character count limit.... That new triode algorithm made the sound and feel really jump....

Back
Top Bottom