5.02 somewhere?

I got mine yesterday w/5.02. I don't know the specific differences yet, can't put the guitar down long enough. I wasn't sure what to expect going from an Ultra to the 2, but it is really incredible.

I got mine yesterday w/5.02. I don't know the specific differences yet, can't put the guitar down long enough. I wasn't sure what to expect going from an Ultra to the 2, but it is really incredible.

Indeed! I just received an AxeFX II a week ago and loaded v5.01 imediately. I played my Ultra side by side with the AxeII and the differences were immediately apparent to me. The Ultra (v11.0) , while amazing in its own right, feels less 'connected' / less tactile and sounds a bit polished by comparison. I can feel the amp sims respond under my fingers with the AxeII and the sims are more raw / 'in your face' when compared to the Ultra.

I'll be very interested to find out what v5.02 is about but I'm in no hurry. The AxeII v5.01 is currently rocking my world!

Just wondering too, I mean I know 5.xx to 6.xx means a significant change in firmware, but what's the designation for the .xx? What's the reason for calling it 5.04 and not 5.03 for eg?

As I noted in another thread, I got my Axe II yesterday and it came with 5.02. I don't know what 5.01 did so I can't tell you the difference.

Just out of curiosity what happened to .02 and .03?
We know .02 existed, because some recent purchasers had it loaded in their new Axe's straight from the factory. Likewise, .03 may have existed or still exist on some factory machines, or just in beta. Or Fractal may have different definititions for firmware that ends in an even digit from firmware that ends in an odd digit. Or maybe .03 has a special global function that summons evil spirits. :)

I don't think I'll upgrade until 6.0. I can't drag myself away long enough. must.......have........axe........more...........

On 5.03, test units became self-aware and a chain reaction created a massive hole in the space-time continuum. Cliff had to patch that feature, thus 5.04.

Yeah, I heard that 5.03 was scanning for midi devices and sending taunting, nasty sysex messages to other modeling devices.
Bad AxeFX! Bad AxeFX! Down boy! Down!

Just wondering too, I mean I know 5.xx to 6.xx means a significant change in firmware, but what's the designation for the .xx? What's the reason for calling it 5.04 and not 5.03 for eg?

Revision control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You make a change, the number increments. 0.0X will be minor improvements (i.e. bug fixes). 0.X0 for perhaps new amps, or a feature 'tweak'. X.00 for major overhauls...

I think version 7 just plays the guitar for you, something about robot hands coming out of it. You can model different finger lengths, calluses, knuckle sizes, even pick types.

I think version 7 just plays the guitar for you, something about robot hands coming out of it. You can model different finger lengths, calluses, knuckle sizes, even pick types.
I guess they are still working on "talent booster" block for the next major release after that.

Back
Top Bottom