• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

3D Printed External FC Switch Box / Expression Box

chumbucket

Inspired
I ordered those same switches. I picked them by the shape of the button, squared edge vs beveled. How does it feel on push? Same as FC's or harder?
About the same amount of force but a shorter throw. You can certainly tell they're cheaper than the FC switches. They don't have that nice positive click. Kinda mushy.

LAYGO

Experienced
About the same amount of force but a shorter throw. You can certainly tell they're cheaper than the FC switches. They don't have that nice positive click. Kinda mushy.
Good to know. Thanks. I was comparing them to the LF Jr/LF+ Jr+ pedals I have & the LF+ switches are way softer too.

creativespiral

Inspired
Here's my finished box. I ended up using some Kaish switches from Amazon. They've got the 10mm top and come with a cool looking nylon washer that trimmed it out nicely I think. I might still add a big knob controller on the top at some point. Thanks again @creativespiral !
You betcha! Happy to help out this community.

Looks like your external box turned out great!.. so smooth.

Randall d

Inspired
So, are the stl files of the singe wide version the correct dimensions from front to back, or if printed with PLA would they be a little too long as your picture shows?

creativespiral

Inspired
So, are the stl files of the singe wide version the correct dimensions from front to back, or if printed with PLA would they be a little too long as your picture shows?
Yeah, the .stl depth dimensions of both the double wide and single wide are the same. My double wide is probably about 1/8in deeper than the dimension of the FC (without the ends on). Results will vary based on material printed with. ABS shrinks up to 6-8%, and PLA up to 2-4%... depending on the quality of the material.

Sitting beside the FC with its ends on, you would never really notice the difference.

Have been using this setup for several months now. Works great! Rock solid / stable. Quick access to Tuner, Reveal Holds, Layout Navigation, and a few other functions with switch hold. Frees up all the switches on FC-12 for parameters that benefit from real time display info and on/off led feedback.

Fractal-FC-Extension-Box.jpg

Joe Bfstplk

Power User
I have a homebrew box built in a Hammond 1590D enclosure with a knob on it which gets used for delay mix quite frequently.

These settings work well with my delay input to control delay blend from the input side, yielding a nice 10% log taper with the mid point of the knob being a sensible amount of delay, and going up and down smoothly from there.

These settings would probably also work well with other effects.

HTH!

Top Bottom