1500 bucks, you say, Line6?

Honestly, I'd rather Cliff stay focused on tone. A huge color UI introduces a whole new set of variables, and bugs that could divert away from why many prefer the Fractal business model. The tone is number one.

Fractal has a more than comfortable lead in the tone area. Efforts could comfortably be turned toward other aspects and applications for their technology and still maintain a major lead on competitors. A big put off for many would be Fractal users is the accessibility and learning curve. I know of people who have bought FAS gear and then sold it in preference for traditional rigs or simpler easier to use gear. Realistically, I'd honestly be surprised if most people could tell the difference in double blind tests as far as tones go.

I think all those screens and coloured lights are a pretty big risk. 14 screens ? We all Know all Products have failure rates. With 14 screens their tech has to be pretty bulletproof.

Power to em. The more choice for music and the better I reckon.

RJM have screens on their midi controllers. This concept is nothing new.

As long as it has been done right, it will be fine. A good feature too, IMO.

Their testing process appears to be very extensive, based on comments made in the video and reports on other forums, so it looks like this product is "tour grade".

Wow, really impressive product features !
As someone said earlier, got to ear it now !
But the screen is wonderful, it looks like AxeFX III will have to include a lot of new features to compete with this one

Fractal has a more than comfortable lead in the tone area. Efforts could comfortably be turned toward other aspects and applications for their technology and still maintain a major lead on competitors. A big put off for many would be Fractal users is the accessibility and learning curve. I know of people who have bought FAS gear and then sold it in preference for traditional rigs or simpler easier to use gear. Realistically, I'd honestly be surprised if most people could tell the difference in double blind tests as far as tones go.

At some point along the way, this became Line 6's philosophy, and when it did, I totally lost interest in them. They dropped innovation for flashy. There's no such thing as a comfortable lead. What may be a "big put off" to "many" customers is what keeps "many" of us here, and coming back for more. I don't check for new firmware because I'm unhappy with what I have, I check it because I know Cliff always finds a way to raise the bar where it matters the most, even when I didn't even know it needed to be raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At some point along the way, this became Line 6's philosophy, and when it did, I totally lost interest in them. They dropped innovation for flashy. There's no such thing as a comfortable lead. What may be a "big put off" to "many" customers is what keeps "many" of us here, and coming back for more. I don't check for new firmware because I'm unhappy with what I have, I check it because I know Cliff always finds a way to raise the bar where it matters the most, even when I didn't even know it needed to be raised.

Well I can imagine FAS producing a much more user friendly and yes "pretty" user interface for their products without them dropping out of further advancement. I doubt they will ever rest upon their laurels in terms of quality and further development but I seriously think they could make some definitely improvements in usability.

The Fractal is an amazing piece of gear but it is not perfect. I think that is why someone has developed a 1U control surface for the Axe Fx (and so many people want one). It is very desirable for it to be easier to use and if it was, then no one would be complaining about it.

It looks like Line6 have learned a lot from Fractal, now I think Fractal could learn something from Line6 for a change. It wouldn't hurt (except maybe their pride...)

Ultimately this is good for product development and end users in the long run.

Last edited:
Wondering if ?
forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/47304-smilefan-says-goodbye.html
That would be Yamaha of course, as Line 6 is obviously in the game since the first POD

Anybody seen anything about an editing interface? It looks to me like you can edit using your feet, but I would definitely want to be able to use my PC rather than use my foot or bend down or sit on the floor to build complex presets.

The details on the Sweetwater preorder page states: "Helix's touch-sensitive footswitches lets you actually edit your whole sound with your feet, without even having to stop playing. And the large 6.2" LCD display rids the system of all the menu surfing, while giving as much control as the deepest editing software."

Nothing about editing software itself. Surely there would be an editing interface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of you guys seem to think the screen eats up a lot of data processing. I work in IT, I can assure you that driving that screen costs very little processing power. You can have you cake and eat it too especially at that price..

G'day,
You wanna see the number of screens on my mixing desk!
Thanks

Pauly

I think all those screens and coloured lights are a pretty big risk. 14 screens ? We all Know all Products have failure rates. With 14 screens their tech has to be pretty bulletproof.

Power to em. The more choice for music and the better I reckon.

If the tone and feel is great, then this product will be insanely amazing. Very promising features and that screen is absolutely nice! I can imagine it'll be easy to tweak the signal chains and blocks straight from the controller.

Can't wait to see and hear more from this product.

Back
Top Bottom