1500 bucks, you say, Line6?

This thing could be all that most guitarists willing to use a modeling unit will need. It sounds like it could be more than good enough for most folks, has way more options than most guitarists will need & looks really easy to use.....

The fact that it is a really good looking ultra modern unit certainly won't hurt either.

This is a better demo.

But, I'll tell you, they have had people watching this forum. Here are a couple reasons why it seems obvious:
It's been while, and the vibe effect in the Axe FX has improved greatly, but there was a lot of talk about it here (I'm guilty!). Also, all the Klon (KLON!!!) talk. And, they have been emphasizing those two things. Then there's obvious interface; ease of accessing and changing parameters... well, I have no problem with it in the Axe FX at all, but again, it is something we hear on the forum sometimes. And so, they make a point of emphasizing that too.

Am I impressed by the demos and yes, even the great UI, to go out and buy one? No, not really. I still want to try it, but purely for comparison sake.

No need to make too much out of any of this. It does seem to be a good product, and they are clearly gunning for a part of the higher end modeling market.

I'd love to hear some of these demos without the complete flubby low end. That strikes me as strange.

Still, they are bringing high end modeling to the mainstream shops. The "competition" can only be a good thing for Fractal Audio.

This is a better demo.

But, I'll tell you, they have had people watching this forum. Here are a couple reasons why it seems obvious:
It's been while, and the vibe effect in the Axe FX has improved greatly, but there was a lot of talk about it here (I'm guilty!). Also, all the Klon (KLON!!!) talk. And, they have been emphasizing those two things. Then there's obvious interface; ease of accessing and changing parameters... well, I have no problem with it in the Axe FX at all, but again, it is something we hear on the forum sometimes. And so, they make a point of emphasizing that too.

Am I impressed by the demos and yes, even the great UI, to go out and buy one? No, not really. I still want to try it, but purely for comparison sake.

No need to make too much out of any of this. It does seem to be a good product, and they are clearly gunning for a part of the higher end modeling market.

I'd love to hear some of these demos without the complete flubby low end. That strikes me as strange.

Still, they are bringing high end modeling to the mainstream shops. The "competition" can only be a good thing for Fractal Audio.

One has to remember one important thing, this is a completly new engine from Line 6, @ release its going to version V1.0, how many version of the Axe FX firmware have we had? and with each one Cliff improves the amps....

Lets not forget that as it seems some want Line 6 to get it perfect in one try!!!

This new platform has great potential, most of the amps in that demo sound great, completly superior of any other Line6 product ever released.

It looks killer, modern, sleek, has a killer display and amazing user friendly interface, something the Axe FX does not have.

But, I'll tell you, they have had people watching this forum.

Maybe so but I think it is good thing in the end for us as customers. After all here are the people that are into modelling and multi effect stuff. Those are the same customers. If they give what the people ask on this forum then there is nothing wrong with that. Of course FAS is also doing that and I am happy with all the support and updates FAS is giving. But you can't make every customer happy all the time.

Damn they are more annoying than youtube gaming podcasters.
I think I read somewhere pewdiepie makes 7 million a year doing that.

I kinda like Chapman and Lee. Their banter is pretty funny, although somewhat childish. Anderton's is doing very well, so I guess they're doing it right.
I used to love Top Gear, the most childish adult show "In The World" and it seems many men agreed with me. Among the most popular TV shows ever anywhere. Except the US, maybe. Since it wasn't made in the US I'm not sure if it was ever on there. There was a US version, but it wasn't nearly as fun.

That show was about cars, but here we are, in a forum discussing toys (to most of us) and entertainment. Guitars and music, I mean. How grown-up is that already?

I think I read somewhere pewdiepie makes 7 million a year doing that.

I kinda like Chapman and Lee. Their banter is pretty funny, although somewhat childish. Anderton's is doing very well, so I guess they're doing it right.
I used to love Top Gear, the most childish adult show "In The World" and it seems many men agreed with me. Among the most popular TV shows ever anywhere. Except the US, maybe. Since it wasn't made in the US I'm not sure if it was ever on there. There was a US version, but it wasn't nearly as fun.

That show was about cars, but here we are, in a forum discussing toys (to most of us) and entertainment. Guitars and music, I mean. How grown-up is that already?

I'm not hating on 'em, if it works, it works. I just don't like watching them.

This is a better demo.

It's been while, and the vibe effect in the Axe FX has improved greatly, but there was a lot of talk about it here (I'm guilty!). Also, all the Klon (KLON!!!) talk.

I thought the same when he started talking about the Klon. Hell I was visiting this forum 2 YEARS before I bought my Axe FX.

But, I'll tell you, they have had people watching this forum.

They would be stupid if they didn't stay on top of what the AxeFx/Kemper user base typically love, complain about & wish for.

The Line6 team on TGP have said that it is the success of the AxeFx that ultimately gave them the green light to start work on the Helix more than 4 years ago. They said that a couple of them own & use an Axe2.

You don't go after the higher end modeling market without studying, borrowing from & trying to improve upon certain aspects of the Axe & Kemper....

Did you notice that he has his guitar tuned down to "D" in that video - which gives a perception of more depth and smoothness than a Guitar tuned normally to "E" would have.
(Was that done on purpose or ...)

I also noticed that they left the room mic on while he played (and the uploader, GUITARGUITAR, noted this in the comments while clarifying that there was no post-processing). The recorded sounds on other Helix demo videos (and in this one, underneath the sounds from the room mic) all seem to have a somewhat dark, compressed sound to them, and I'm wondering if the room mic was left on intentionally because the pick on the strings can be heard, giving more "snap" and clarity to the final sounds.

Maybe so, but it is a reason for the Affiliations thread.

They would be stupid if they didn't stay on top of what the AxeFx/Kemper user base typically love, complain about & wish for.

The Line6 team on TGP have said that it is the success of the AxeFx that ultimately gave them the green light to start work on the Helix more than 4 years ago. They said that a couple of them own & use an Axe2.

You don't go after the higher end modeling market without studying, borrowing from & trying to improve upon certain aspects of the Axe & Kemper....

Did you notice that he has his guitar tuned down to "D" in that video - which gives a perception of more depth and smoothness than a Guitar tuned normally to "E" would have.
(Was that done on purpose or ...)

The whole guitar was tuned down to D or he used drop D tuning in part of the video? Big difference....

I made this for another thread, however its worth posting here

qlafj.jpg

This thing could be all that most guitarists willing to use a modeling unit will need. It sounds like it could be more than good enough for most folks, has way more options than most guitarists will need & looks really easy to use.....

The fact that it is a really good looking ultra modern unit certainly won't hurt either.

Maybe, but some are talking like it's cheap? $1,600...........that is by far not cheap. not sure the zoom, digitech, eleven rack, etc crowd can afford that. I mean you are right back in AxeFX territory price wise....imho

Maybe, but some are talking like it's cheap? $1,600...........that is by far not cheap. not sure the zoom, digitech, eleven rack, etc crowd can afford that. I mean you are right back in AxeFX territory price wise....imho

Well, $1499 map. 15% - 20% off if you know how to shop.

A quick question ? How about using this as a controller for my Axefx ? I like the whistles and bells presuming only midi integration ? Thoughts ?

Back
Top Bottom