1500 bucks, you say, Line6?

a musician i know prefers the sound and feel of his $200 guitar vs my $2800 guitar. that doesn't mean his guitar is better technically in any way at all. just that he prefers it.

the same goes for modeling gear. :)

I've got a $600 guitar from PRS, (I actually got is used for $400) it is both my favorite, and least expensive guitar. I actually sold my $2100 Les Paul, because it played like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sort of on point . . . I love my Line 6 Korean JTV-59 Les Paul. I bought the guitar new and it required minimal setup and plays great and sounds great. I dig the stock pickups as much as any pickups I've had and I've owned dozens of different types/brands - everything from different Kinman single coils to a variety of Seymour Duncan models to Harmon Designs Z-90s to custom wound pickups from Jason Lollar and Wolfe McCloud over at Wolftone Pickups. So I agree, just because something is cheap doesn't mean it sucks. Though it certainly could suck. :) It just doesn't have to.

I'm reminded of a time when I went out for a drink with a friend and there was an alt-country band playing. The guitar player's tone was wonderful. When we went to take a closer look we found that he was playing on old Sears Silvertone guitar. I'll be that that guitar cost less than $100.00 when it was new. It had lipstick pickups and a cheesy crappy look to it. And it sounded awesome. Of course it didn't hurt that he was plugging into a vintage Deluxe Reverb.

Sent on my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

I've got a $600 guitar from PRS, (I actually got is used for $400) it is both my favorite, and least expensive guitar. I actually sold my $2100 Les Paul, because it played like crap.

Just curious which PRS model this is? What do you like about it? Sorry for the thread drift, but this is the lounge right?

Just curious which PRS model this is? What do you like about it? Sorry for the thread drift, but this is the lounge right?

I'm not sure what year, but it's an SE Singlecut. It's pre-birds, and has the 25" scale. It plays really lite, it stays in tune, and is meaty like a Les Paul, but I can also get more tonal variety out of it than any Les Paul I've ever owned. I've have played USA PRS's that were a bit better, but unlike those, I actually own this guitar.

Oh! And I swapped out the pickups for a JB, and a Jazz, because the original pickups lost their output for no good reason after I bought it.

Reactions: sam
I called crazy because I hated the American standard strat. Cost around $1300. Did not like it. Fat neck, ass pickups. Ew.

I'm not sure what year, but it's an SE Singlecut. It's pre-birds, and has the 25" scale. It plays really lite, it stays in tune, and is meaty like a Les Paul, but I can also get more tonal variety out of it than any Les Paul I've ever owned. I've have played USA PRS's that were a bit better, but unlike those, I actually own this guitar.

Oh! And I swapped out the pickups for a JB, and a Jazz, because the original pickups lost their output for no good reason after I bought it.

Thanks for the info. I might have to go try one of the SE Singlecuts as I'm looking for a single cutaway LP style guitar but don't want to buy a Gibson LP. I use JB and Jazz in my Gibson CS-336 by the way. I don't have a lot of other humbuckers to compare them with, but they are pretty killer for me with that guitar.

Thanks for the info. I might have to go try one of the SE Singlecuts as I'm looking for a single cutaway LP style guitar but don't want to buy a Gibson LP. I use JB and Jazz in my Gibson CS-336 by the way. I don't have a lot of other humbuckers to compare them with, but they are pretty killer for me with that guitar.

Ha! I've used a JB/Jazz combo for so long that in not even sure if I still use them because I like them, or I'm just too lazy to take the effort to do comparison swaps.

The set in this guitar are actually my first set, and they are at least 10 years old.

Ya know, I keep seeing new gear all over the place, and I tell myself, I might check that out, but then I go play my guitar through my Axe-FX and forget that I even saw that other stuff.

I've had my Axe-FX for over a year and a half, and it still feels like playing a new piece of gear every time I boot it up. The new just hasn't worn off, and with how much it is capable of and the constant free updates, it just keeps getting better all the time.

I've owned everything from real tube amps to toneworks to line6, to solidstate, you name it, and I have never experienced this with any of those.

So it boggles my mind how anyone that already owns an Axe-FX would even consider something from Line6.

If you are here and don't yet own an Axe-FX, then I humbly suggest you at least try out an Axe-FX first, if at all possible with your own patch designs, before you decide on any future gear. You may find the end of your tone search, or not, but if you've got the scratch, then why not at least try it?

Have two XLs. Ordered Helix today. Have kemper. Have amplifire. No law saying you have to pick one tool.

Have two XLs. Ordered Helix today. Have kemper. Have amplifire. No law saying you have to pick one tool.

I'm not saying people can't have redundant gear. I'm just saying that redundant (but not backup) gear doesn't make sense to me. If you've got the extra money to spend, and the extra time to devote to keeping up with all of that programming and whatnot, then more power to ya. That's just not for me.

Looks like these will be shipping out next week based on what one of the head line 6 guys said on TGP.

We should see reviews slowly coming in soon. Should be interesting. I have one on preorder from Sweetwater, but not sure when it's coming quite yet.

Ah money,the one thing that has kept me from a few new things for the past 8 years. That's all going to change Sooon ! :mrgreen , It's going to be a good christmas for Old Six.

While we are on PRS guitars I should admit that I really love my PRS SE Tremonti as well, and it's my cheapest guitar as well.

Firmware 1.0 is complete and is being installed on every Helix in the warehouses this weekend. They will be shipped next week so should be in customer's hands soon. The Thomann video sounds very promising.

At some point I'll post about the Helix as an effects only processor in 4cm vs the FX8.

While we are on PRS guitars I should admit that I really love my PRS SE Tremonti as well, and it's my cheapest guitar as well.
SE line in general is pretty much F'n fantastic, swap pups & caps, maybe the nut, and you're off and running. It's almost like they actually have a man on the ground in SK for QC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SE line in general is pretty much F'n fantastic, swap pups & caps, maybe the nut, and you're off and running. It's almost like they actually have a man on the ground in SK for QC.

That's good to know. I hadn't a clue about that.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I don't *know* that they've got a watchful eye on location. I'm just saying it sure seems that way.

I'm not saying people can't have redundant gear. I'm just saying that redundant (but not backup) gear doesn't make sense to me. If you've got the extra money to spend, and the extra time to devote to keeping up with all of that programming and whatnot, then more power to ya. That's just not for me.

Makes sense for you. Great!

But, you said you couldn't see anyone that has an Axe buying anything from Line 6?

Do you feel the same about an Axe owner also buying Kemper? Amplifire? Or is it just line 6 you don't dig?

Back
Top Bottom