10.0....Whats inside?

chris beaver said:
and the way the guy plays could be making a big difference too. i saw another vid that sounded a lot better i cant wait for 10.0 to try that marsha out :p .
It sounds way different in the hands of Steve Stevens (or mine, or yours ;) ) as well.
In the huge Lugo-amp-shootout it was definitely one of my top favourites, together with the Bogner Ecstacy and the Shiva, which funny enough should very soon all be in the Axe. Well done Cliff :D

VegaBaby said:
chris beaver said:
and the way the guy plays could be making a big difference too. i saw another vid that sounded a lot better i cant wait for 10.0 to try that marsha out :p .
It sounds way different in the hands of Steve Stevens (or mine, or yours ;) ) as well.
In the huge Lugo-amp-shootout it was definitely one of my top favourites, together with the Bogner Ecstacy and the Shiva, which funny enough should very soon all be in the Axe. Well done Cliff :D

Possibly it could be the sound of the Scumback M75's that they're ears are objecting too as well. Personally I like the sound of that speaker ( it's supposed to be a cross between the old Greenback and the newer G1265 ). But if you're more of a V30 person, you might not like it ....

Definitely YMMV ....

Don't count on YouTube demos to demonstrate what any amp tone sounds like; after all the knocks that the Axe-FX has taken over the years from compressed lossy mp3 demos and then even worse - compressed lossy video uploaded to YouTube - you need to take what you hear (ahem, 'see') on YouTube as 'accurate' in any manner.

Every single person that I've talked to or read about that has checked out the Marsha stuff in person has been blown away with it for 'that' sort of sound. That speaks far more 'louder' to me than any number of posted clips or videos.

Scott Peterson said:
Every single person that I've talked to or read about that has checked out the Marsha stuff in person has been blown away with it for 'that' sort of sound.
Absolutely. IMHO definitely one of the best modded Marshall tones available. Splawn may still be 'leading' a bit when it comes to 800 mods, but for the Plexi stuff, Marsha is right at the front.

xpenno said:
Sidivan said:
Perhaps my hearing has finally decided to fail me, but am I alone in thinking the real Marsha from the demo vid sounds like garbage? There was 1 good tone in that entire vid, which was at about 4:30... the cleanish/breakup sound. All the high-gain stuff felt like it needed some serious EQ.

I quite like this Marsha clip personally :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWDPiRABvRs&feature=player_embedded

Spence

that clip has a nice high end sizzle i like it :) . though what Scott said is bang on really. we simply cant judge that well from a youtube clip. i just noticed your from brum. what part of brum? im in sutton

chris beaver said:
xpenno said:
Sidivan said:
Perhaps my hearing has finally decided to fail me, but am I alone in thinking the real Marsha from the demo vid sounds like garbage? There was 1 good tone in that entire vid, which was at about 4:30... the cleanish/breakup sound. All the high-gain stuff felt like it needed some serious EQ.

I quite like this Marsha clip personally :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWDPiRABvRs&feature=player_embedded

Spence

that clip has a nice high end sizzle i like it :) . though what Scott said is bang on really. we simply cant judge that well from a youtube clip. i just noticed your from brum. what part of brum? im in sutton

I also agree that youtube or any other audio clip/video can't show you exactly how something sounds and it's not until you get your greasy mitts on it with your guitar that you can't know if it's going to work for you :cool:

I live over the other side of Brum near Halesowen.

One other thing - whenever possible, switch to the highest fidelity on youtube when auditioning sound. The audio quality jumps up significantly as soon as you go higher than the default 360p resolution.

Personally I would be looking in the available firmware thread in the announcements section of this page to see if it's ready or not.

Oh I have been...and the file folder on Fractals website, and scouring other forums to see if there is mention of impending release.

Same here! I've been checking every day! Since I recently got the Axe, I completely stopped trying to make any patches after I heard that 10.0 is coming. No sense making anything if it's going to change!

rick0chet said:
I would think Cliff would be implying american football (a real man's game!)
where we can beat the hell out of each other and get off his back for while
just a guess...........

Yeah we have a similar game in the UK called Rugby ... but we don't wear padding... cos we're 'real men' :roll:
Ha!
Still can't figure out why American football is called football. It doesn't, strictly speaking have a ball (as in "spherical object"), and what it does have is carried in players' hands most of the time. :lol:

Because it kicks (as in with a foot) the ass of all those other "so-called" sports !!

I kid...I kid. I blew this thread all apart making that soccer reference back a page or 2 ! I am sorry :oops:

gittarzann said:
Because it kicks (as in with a foot) the ass of all those other "so-called" sports !!
footass? :shock:
Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll!
567965.jpg

hehe, seriously though, this thread has been tons of fun since that reference :)
v10 tonight maybe?

gittarzann said:
It is a week today!

Are we getting close Cliff?

gittarzann said:
Oh I have been...and the file folder on Fractals website, and scouring other forums to see if there is mention of impending release.

Man - OCD? I thought Shredi was bad.

Your the one slowing down the fractal site and the Interwebz!! :p

gittarzann said:

I dunno man. Rugby pisses all over American football as far as brutality is concerned, IMO. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom