10.0....Whats inside?

sprint said:
cloudsplitter said:
From reading these posts one would get the impression that many users find 9.03 so bad as to be almost unusable.... Persoanlly, I'm happy with the Axe FX as it is, to bad so many of your aren't....

Maybe your kidding, but if not, and you've not been around for the last few updates: they've brought signficant improvements which surprised a lot of users since we thought the unit was pretty impressive before those updates arrived. In addition to wanting new goodies!, some hype comes from an anticipation to know how many times FAS can significantly improve this box before it's capabilities get maxed out. So far the track record seems quite phenominal compared to other manufacturers that charge customers for "non event" updates, or worse still, who just repackage the same old code into updated hardware with fancier lights!

Agreed. Fractal have done such a good job for us, we are simply excited that we are getting MORE great sounding amps to play with. cmon sprint man, you must have been joking about that. this is probably the most appreciative forum community out there

Shreddy Better said:
Summer Namm starts tomorrow: good as time as any to release new goodies. :ugeek:
Wonder if version 10 also contains patch commands for expression pedals though the MFC. :roll:
that would be great :D
Hmmm... if Fractal Audio was my company, and if I had 10.0 ready just a day before Summer Namm, I wouldn't release the f/w just yet. Instead, I would do Namm (with 10.0 loaded on my demo gear), and would avoid the frenzy and inevitable bug reports (and a follow-up minor rev) that always follow a new release. After Summer Namm, then I would release it. Sorry to bring up a pessimist spin on things.

However, Fractal Audio is *not* my company. And I know (from dozens of previous f/w releases) that when Cliff has a new f/w release, he's as eager as a kid on Xmas morning to release it. So perhaps he *will* release it, Namm or no Namm. Maybe.

Dpoirier said:
avoid the frenzy and inevitable bug reports (and a follow-up minor rev) that always follow a new release.

I hadn't thought about it that way, it makes sense. But if he would have released it a few days ago...it would have given the company a chance to work out any bugs before any embarrassing moments at NAMM

Cliff - what a great Fathers Day bonus. Thanks so much for 10.0 firmware release! It absoultely ROCKS!
The Marsha and Shiver amps are great.

Back
Top Bottom