IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Well, just tested positive for Covid. I'll check out that curve when my hearing comes back and everything doesn't sound like it's going through a Metal Zone.

I checked my impedance curve measurements for the Mesa OS and Trad cabs. The OS looked like Recto Straight, but the low resonance was around 100Hz. The Trad was closer to Recto Large with low resonance around 103Hz. Might need to measure them again to confirm, but that's what I have in my SIC measurements folder.
Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for checking on that. The SIC situation is kind of a mess for the Rectos. I hope one day they can either rename or explain the current SICs and what specific cabs they're from.

Well, just tested positive for Covid. I'll check out that curve when my hearing comes back and everything doesn't sound like it's going through a Metal Zone.

I checked my impedance curve measurements for the Mesa OS and Trad cabs. The OS looked like Recto Straight, but the low resonance was around 100Hz. The Trad was closer to Recto Large with low resonance around 103Hz. Might need to measure them again to confirm, but that's what I have in my SIC measurements folder.
COVID sucks man. Hope you guys get through it alright.

Well, just tested positive for Covid.
We knew that was coming. I got covid at the end of last year. I’m back to testing negative, but I still don’t have all my energy back, and I still have a persistent cough, although not as frequently.

Hang in there. Take care of you and yours, and enjoy a moment’s idleness if you can. Sleep sure feels good when you’ve got this crud.

Last edited:
The files are all done, but I might have to wait to make Mixes and update the pack later. I just got back from a family trip to Disney World, but now my daughter has Covid and I've got so much head congestion that I can barely hear. Trying to work while being terribly sick isn't fun, but I'm doing my best to finish things here on my end.

It's a straight cab. Hopefully you can put your OCD at ease... for now. :)
Ahh Justin that sucks so sorry to hear , I got it back last thanksgiving here in Canada and luckily it did not stay too long , but I can relate with the head and sinus congestion it was brutal
rest up and hope you and your family feel better soon

Last edited:
Get well soon, Justin!
I tried the Mesa cab with the straight SIC and the low frequency response at 100hz and now the Mesa OS sounds better than ever to me! Before I used the Recto Large SIC and it was kind of boomy but now everything sounds amazing, blew new life into the Mesa OS IRs for me.

Get well soon, Justin!
I tried the Mesa cab with the straight SIC and the low frequency response at 100hz and now the Mesa OS sounds better than ever to me! Before I used the Recto Large SIC and it was kind of boomy but now everything sounds amazing, blew new life into the Mesa OS IRs for me.

I'll have to try this. I've been using the recto large exclusively because j figured that was the OS version of the cab. You know, because it says 'large' lol. I remember not liking the recto straight much with the mesa os v2 IR's as much in the past.

Just chiming in to say I also just tried the Recto Straight with the Mesa 4x12 OS at 100hz low frequency, and this is the sound I've been looking for from that cab. Wow! Amazing! Great tight low-end mids with none of the boominess. Absolutely incredible. And almost no fizz compared to most cabs.
Yeah exactly how I felt about using the Mesa OS IR with the Straight SIC and 100 hz. WIth the default hz of the Straight SIC, the low end was not big enough but I never fiddled with the settings too much so I always left it at the 72 hz before knowing that 100 hz is better.

Yeah exactly how I felt about using the Mesa OS IR with the Straight SIC and 100 hz. WIth the default hz of the Straight SIC, the low end was not big enough but I never fiddled with the settings too much so I always left it at the 72 hz before knowing that 100 hz is better.

I just tried this exactly. I still prefer the recto large SIC at least with my presets. I feel i like the upper mids more on the large vs the straight. I'm gonna keep trying it occasionally. What sounds weord today will probably be the perfect tone tomorrow 😁

Question on the new KW 4x12 SH, on Scott’s forum he states several times the IR’s lose low end if truncated below.
“ when you truncate a 500ms IR, it's toast - the low end just goes away.”
“Just make sure that whatever you get can play 500ms IR's - that's important because you lose bass with shorter IRs.”

Is this particular to the way he records vs using axefx in a live setting?

Question on the new KW 4x12 SH, on Scott’s forum he states several times the IR’s lose low end if truncated below.
“ when you truncate a 500ms IR, it's toast - the low end just goes away.”
“Just make sure that whatever you get can play 500ms IR's - that's important because you lose bass with shorter IRs.”

Is this particular to the way he records vs using axefx in a live setting?
He's used to hearing his cab mic'd up in a room. You start to lose the character of the cab in the room and low end as you truncate an IR, so keeping it longer keeps it more accurate to the real thing in the space where it was captured. UltraRes is around 200ms, which is still plenty of time to get a great image of the cab and still great for live or recording. Most modelers only read 20-40ms, and that's when you REALLY hear the realism degrade.

Justin - any idea if Scott used the IRs at all on his new album (Karnevel!) that dropped yesterday? I'm enjoying it!

Justin - any idea if Scott used the IRs at all on his new album (Karnevel!) that dropped yesterday? I'm enjoying it!
Yes, most of the guitars on the new album were done using the KW pack IRs. I think he had tracked a couple songs with his cab before he got the IRs, but he said he thought the IRs sounded better since he could push his amp harder than he could with the real cab if he wanted to. I still need to listen to the album, but I know he's really happy with it.

Yes, most of the guitars on the new album were done using the KW pack IRs. I think he had tracked a couple songs with his cab before he got the IRs, but he said he thought the IRs sounded better since he could push his amp harder than he could with the real cab if he wanted to. I still need to listen to the album, but I know he's really happy with it.
Awesome! Congrats - it sounds great!

is this list in any particular order? is it oldest-newest, newest-oldest? is there a list available sorted either way? by york audio release date,, of course. perhaps sorted another/other way(s)?
please advise.
That list is chronological from the Bogna pack to the KW. Any packs not on the list were made beforehand.

Been going through some individual IRs and stumbled on the 4119 in the Bogna. Good Lord it’s beautiful! Is this microphone in any of the other packs?

Been going through some individual IRs and stumbled on the 4119 in the Bogna. Good Lord it’s beautiful! Is this microphone in any of the other packs?
I completely forgot about that mic! It's a cool vintage ribbon mic from the company that turned into Coles. I don't remember if I used it after the Bogna. I remember the DXVB has it though. That mic might need a reappearance. It doesn't work for every cab, but it sounds great on the right ones.

Back
Top Bottom