IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
It's taken some adjustment, but I like how the built in DynaCabs demonstrate the power while also being readily useful/usable. Meanwhile the DynaCab packs lead to generating favorite IRs quickly with more to choose from. Enjoying seeing this unfold!

Getting very close to releasing the first DynaCab. This one has 16 mics! I really hope you guys like it. One disclaimer though, the pack is in line with the feature set of the other DynaCab packs and does not contain Mixes. There are several legitimate reasons for this I won't go into, but just wanted you guys to know ahead of time. Just treat it like the other DynaCabs and create some massive tones! :)

Getting very close to releasing the first DynaCab. This one has 16 mics! I really hope you guys like it. One disclaimer though, the pack is in line with the feature set of the other DynaCab packs and does not contain Mixes. There are several legitimate reasons for this I won't go into, but just wanted you guys to know ahead of time. Just treat it like the other DynaCabs and create some massive tones! :)
I'm'a'ready !!! Let her rip!!

Is it a MESA by chance ?

I don't understand why everyone is so greedy for a Dyna cab version, the cab packs have every micro position your heart desires

bought the kw 412 pack today.
My favorite IR so far is the York 212 m65 cream mix 03.
When I compare the kw 412 mix 01 with the 212 m65 mix 03, they both sound very similar to me.
Could that be or do I have problems with my ears?

bought the kw 412 pack today.
My favorite IR so far is the York 212 m65 cream mix 03.
When I compare the kw 412 mix 01 with the 212 m65 mix 03, they both sound very similar to me.
Could that be or do I have problems with my ears?
There is quite a big difference between them man, listen at those low mids of the KW cab…… kerrang 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

There is quite a big difference between them man, listen at those low mids of the KW cab…… kerrang 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
I looked into it more intensively today and yes you are right, the difference is clear, I had only lowered the low mids, I don't like it when they are so concise.

But the ir sounds really incredibly good, Justin really doesn't make it easy for us when choosing the right ir for the main presets.
But I have to say my absolute favorite preset is still york 212 Creamback Mix 03 and yes he's right that the vintage 57v mic doesn't sound that great on every IR. With the KW IR, for example, I think Mix 01 is the best.

So
1st place 212 Cream Mix 03 (I'm so in love with it)
2nd place KW 412 M25 Mix 01

You might try them with the mics closer to the outer edge of the speakers to get more mids.
That's not the problem. No matter what I do I always think that the stock Dyna Cabs sound "hollow" somehow, as if there is a slight phaser effect or as if a part of the spectrum is missing. That's the reason why I'm interested in hearing the first IR pack of another producer! :)

Fantastic, the sound of this pack is pure Art, thank you Justin 🙏... Which Recto SIC, since there are so many Recto ones, is best suited to use with please ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom