FracTool - for power users only

Can FracTool make IRs captured with the Axe-Fx III's built-in IR capture utility compatible with the Axe-Fx II? Can it convert them?

Sounds like user error. Like maybe he used Import instead of Axe-Manage Cabs or Fractal-Bot.

The same thing was reported in this thread, as well, though the OP was using the AX8. They created a Tone Match, exported the TM to a cab, exported the cab to a syx file and were unable to import the cab into the AX8. They used FracTool and saved the cab as an AX8 version and it worked. The error they originally received was, "Unable to import file. The selected format is not supported".

Last edited:
The same thing was reported in this thread, as well, though the OP was using the AX8. They created a Tone Match, exported the TM to a cab, exported the cab to a syx file and was unable to import the cab into the AX8. They used FracTool and saved the cab as an AX8 version and it worked. The error they originally received was, "Unable to import file. The selected format is not supported".
I just made a TM on my Axe III, exported it as an IR, and loaded it into my Axe II XL+ using Fractal-Bot. It's working fine.

I just made a TM on my Axe III, exported it as an IR, and loaded it into my Axe II XL+ using Fractal-Bot. It's working fine.
On the other hand, Axe-Edit is apparently not able to load the file. Issue reported.

Alex - Love your batch utility!
Would it be possible to add a function to either add or remove a block at all preset locations in a range?
For example, I have a bunch of presets where Output 2 needs to be substituted for Output 3. Any chance of that in a future update?

Would it be possible to add a function to either add or remove a block at all preset locations in a range?
For example, I have a bunch of presets where Output 2 needs to be substituted for Output 3. Any chance of that in a future update?
If he can't add this, try Macro Recorder ! ;)

How would it know where to add the block ?
A remove(shunt?)/substitute could be done

How would it know where to add the block ?
A remove(shunt?)/substitute could be done

That would work. But just like your batch utility has pickers, it could target a specific location on the grid. It would work specifically with users using templates for all their presets I guess.

Back
Top Bottom