[BUG] CAB files exported from Axe-FX III cannot be imported to AX8 or Cab-Lab 3

Piing

Axe-Master
I have made a TM with the Axe FX III of an Egnater Tourmaster. I have exported it to CAB and the CAB exported to syx file, but when I try to import it to the AX8 I got the message:

"Unable to import file. The selected format is not supported..."

And the same happens with any of the user CABs that I have on the Axe-FX III.

Isn't the CAB syx format supposed to be the same on the AX8, Axe-FX II and Axe-FX III?

edit:
The CAB files exported from the Axe-FX III can neither be loaded to Cab-Lab 3. The message says "Unknown error"

Last edited:
Cab-Lab 3 has not been updated to support the Axe-Fx III yet so that it doesn’t support reading the syx format for IRs yet doesn’t surprise me. Also I don’t know that Cab-Lab has ever supported UltraRes syx, believe it only loads .ir, .wav, and StandardRes .syx.

I could be wrong on this, but I think FracTool supports cab conversion to the III format, it might support conversion from it as well. Worth a try?

Cab-Lab 3 has not been updated to support the Axe-Fx III yet so that it doesn’t support reading the syx format for IRs yet doesn’t surprise me. Also I don’t know that Cab-Lab has ever supported UltraRes syx, believe it only loads .ir, .wav, and StandardRes .syx.

I could be wrong on this, but I think FracTool supports cab conversion to the III format, it might support conversion from it as well. Worth a try?

You are right! I have opened the CAB syx file with FracTool, save as AX8 version, and now It works. Thanks!

@AlGrenadine, what would we do without your FracTool? :) Another donation on the way

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom