Axe-Fest II

To answer airport questions:
LAX is about 25 miles away, roughly 30 minutes in good traffic (yeah, right!)
Burbank is a bit closer at 16 miles, but still around 20-25 minutes as the straight shot between Burbank and Van Nuys is all city streets whereas freeways are very roundabout.

So, really, it depends on prices, etc., as to which is better. Unless you have your own plane, then you can fly into the local airport right next to the hotel!

TT

To answer airport questions:
LAX is about 25 miles away, roughly 30 minutes in good traffic (yeah, right!)
Burbank is a bit closer at 16 miles, but still around 20-25 minutes as the straight shot between Burbank and Van Nuys is all city streets whereas freeways are very roundabout.

So, really, it depends on prices, etc., as to which is better. Unless you have your own plane, then you can fly into the local airport right next to the hotel!

TT

Thanks, I can take a look tomorrow to get a feel for the cost of flights from the UK or Europe.

Unfortunately unlike Steve Morse, I have no pilots license or plane. 8)

Unfortunately, that airport doesn't have scheduled service -- just private/corporate/government/etc.

LAX and Burbank are it if you don't have your own plane (or a corporate jet handy.)

TT

Wait! Your Axe-Fx II didn't come with the private jet service? ;)

guys - what's the address of the venue

seriously..
I have a few things to sort..
and if I can get them to work out, it looks like I'll be there...

fingers and toes crossed

guys - what's the address of the venue

seriously..
I have a few things to sort..
and if I can get them to work out, it looks like I'll be there...

fingers and toes crossed

ampshow.com

Airtel Plaza Hotel

7277 Valjean Ave, Van Nuys, CA
818-997-7676

Last edited:
the biggie is actually hoping that my cuz ain't out on tour our otherwise engaged during that weekend

Missed it last year, so planning on attending this time as long as nothing comes up that would prevent me. Thanks for the heads up!

West Coast?:lol Isn't FAS on the east coast?,There are plenty of great convention centers/Hotels in NYC,Cali just cant compare!!

xP4Jgb6.jpg

WAY IN!!

I do have a suggestion, Would love to see name tags (like NAMM Show passes or something cool, not like those ones at a class Reunion) with your Avatar picture and user name with your real name at the bottom so that we can put names, faces and avatars together. I didn't know who I met last year until I read the posts after and was like -- oh, that was him, ??

Hmmm. . . I am away from home for 3 months but fly home sept 30. Right now my schedule is open. Gonna double check tomorrow and maybe book flight with frequent flyer miles. I only have 460,000 saved up. . . . .hotel is cheap enough. Would be cool to learn from the masters.

WAY IN!!

I do have a suggestion, Would love to see name tags (like NAMM Show passes or something cool, not like those ones at a class Reunion) with your Avatar picture and user name with your real name at the bottom so that we can put names, faces and avatars together. I didn't know who I met last year until I read the posts after and was like -- oh, that was him, ??

Fantastic idea.

Back
Top Bottom