Version 10.00 Stuff

From the preliminary release notes:

Ahhhh, thanks I stand corrected. Not sure if I ever messed with those particular parameters but I do like the idea of keeping all editing available without having to use Axe Edit if possible.

I need to stop trying to "pacify" myself with other gear and just drop on a AXE II already. Ultra went FW 11, and the latest box is already on the verge of FW10 with quite a bit of growth left...time to purge gear......

Greetings. Any news or estimated date? I'm still using v6 version since I have had a busy performance season and didn' want to alterate my sounds. Now I have free time to update, but I start season in a month or so. I wouldn't like to update to 9.02, build my tones, and then see that v10 is available xD
thanks.

Greetings. Any news or estimated date? I'm still using v6 version since I have had a busy performance season and didn' want to alterate my sounds. Now I have free time to update, but I start season in a month or so. I wouldn't like to update to 9.02, build my tones, and then see that v10 is available xD
thanks.

I wouldn't wait. 9.02 is so much more useful than 6 was, because of scenes. I think v10 will certainly require re-tweaking to take advantage of the new MIMIC's, but if you invest in converting your MIDI programming now, to take advantage of scenes and volume settings for each scene, it will be a good investment of your time.

"Implemented “Multi-point Iterative Matching and Impedance Correction” technology (MIMIC, TM, Patent Applied For) to amp models. MIMIC applies analytic signals to an amplifier and captures the fine nuances of each amp at various points in the circuit and corrects each model vs. its theoretical implementation."

Yeah! A 'convolution' approach to mimicing the finer details. I.e. - put in a signal, see what the amp does to it, model it). I have long thought this would be a good idea, at least for the finer points, and even wondered if you'd already done this. Great! Can't wait!

gee I think 9.02 is so good I don't even really care about 10.0 yet (I'm sure it will kill)
that pesky elusive visual editor is more important to me more than another firmware upgrade
I'm finding that even a lot of the stock Ir's I used to dismiss sound good with 9.02.
IMO a huge improvement over 8.0.

Last edited:
311881_267416403300210_100000955568297_747203_1102940329_n_zps05ca076d.jpg

I see muscles, I see beard...

I'm finding that even a lot of the stock Ir's I used to dismiss sound good with 9.02.

Same here. Suddenly using a lot of other IR`s. Almost everything is useble.. And THAT is impressing.

But i`m allways looking forward to the next step. Correct behaviour of the quirkyness in the amps is what make each one special.. :)

Implemented “Multi-point Iterative Matching and Impedance Correction” technology (MIMIC, TM, Patent Applied For) to amp models. MIMIC applies analytic signals to an amplifier and captures the fine nuances of each amp at various points in the circuit and corrects each model vs. its theoretical implementation. In some cases the difference can be substantial, in other cases the difference is minimal. This depends on the layout of the amp and the various parasitics involved.

I thought I read parasites.....for two seconds it kind of made sense that it must be those pesky parasites in the axe fx that's fucking with the guitarsound =)

I don't get it...

What does Michael Clarke Duncan and Al Snow have to do with anything?

I know you are kidding. But that black fella is none other than Ronnie Coleman, 8 time mr Olympia! Biggest Mr Olympia ever! Weird to see them in a pic together?

Back
Top Bottom