Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.00 and MFC-101 Firmware 2.15 Available

Wow this is a great upgrade - I just upgraded from v 6 to v 9. Huge improvement! I have a dumb question - on the AXE II amp block UI, how do I navigate down to the "Bright, Full and Sat" on off switches? Tried using the arrow cursors on the front panel as well as the knobs and could not select any of those three. I want to be able to turn them on and off. Help pleeeeze??

Use the ENTER button to toggle the switch under the selected knob/control.

Activating Bright Full & Sat switches

The enter button turns those on and off if you arrow over to the control above each one I believe.

I never would have guessed that this is how to activate those switches. Glad I asked! I will give it a try later - thanks so much!

Why does nobody speak about the new Gibson AMP??? I'm on business trip and cannot get to my AXE until Friday night! I'm so curuois.......

Why does nobody speak about the new Gibson AMP??? I'm on business trip and cannot get to my AXE until Friday night! I'm so curuois.......

I love the new Gibson model..... very unique. It seems all the models this time are an extremly different character from each other (which is a great thing) . But the Gibson is superb.

Anyone got a problem with Scenes feature? I just found when i've change the level on main output at some Scenes that level of that Scenes it's also effect in the same Scenes on the other Preset too. Anyone try this?

The problem i encountered with Scenes was that on certain customs FW 9 beta presets the main output on the first scene would max themselves, yet the other scenes would stay where they were. Took me all night to suss it out. Happy as a clam now. :)

I'm surprised there is a metronome in an amp modeler at all!
There is in the tempo page. :)
Why it can be surprise? Axe is not just amp modeller, it is effect processor also, and guitar processor in total. It isn't the first g.p. that have metronome onboard, and I'm very happy this function is available. Whithout any other devices and cables, plug and practice! But it still uncomfortably to change tempo and on/off it fairly often, when it have wonderful ABCD controls.

I'm holding my breath and don’t have any fingernails left….
I'm not updating to 9.0 until Axe Edit will be released, got a rehearsal and a gig this weekend, I'm afraid to fuckup my presets and not being able to fix them from the front panel.
But I was thinking, I can update the MFC and stay with 7.0, do you think its safe ?

Last edited:
I'm not updating to 9.0 until Axe Edit will be released, got a rehearsal and a gig this weekend, I'm afraid to fuckup my presets and not being able to fix them from the front panel.
But I was thinking, I can update the MFC and stay with 7.0, do you think its safe ?

DON'T DO IT!!!! Even with the update from 9.0 Beta to 9.0, there was enough of a change that it could affect your presets.

Yeah, it will change your patches up some but man if your still on v7, you got some goodies comin' when you update to v9. This box is blowin' my mind!

It seems all the models this time are an extremly different character from each other (which is a great thing) .

After I updated last night I only spent minimal time with my existing presets and a lot of time auditioning the new amps and that was the exact thought I had; they all have a very different, unique character to them and they all sounded fantastic. They add more colors added to the palette for sure.

Am going to spent more time tonight with 9; once again an amazing update...I'm floored by how it sounds and how incredibly easy it is to get tones. It only took seconds to get the new amps where I wanted them...big smiles here.

I've now had the opportunity to play with all of the new amp models and I must say - all of the amps added in firmware are fantastic! Two of the new amp models have been on my wish list since I received my Ultra early in 2011 (the Fuchs ODS50 and the Super Reverb). These are amps I've owned in the past and the models exceeded my expectations. All of the new models together offer tremendous versatility. Some other standouts for me:
FAS Crunch - best old school Marshall amp in the box now IMO.
Two Rock Jet - ideal for fusion tones but not limited to this type of sound.
The Gibson (can't recall model name) - this one sounds so damn good on the verge of breakup or in very mild overdrive.
Bandmaster - yet one more fantastic Fender model.
Vibro-King - I really dug this amp in the real world and I'm digging the model just the same.

The modeling improvements seem to have a very positive effect on every pre-existing amp models (and I'm sure these updates are partly responsible for why I am so excited about the new amp models. I'll skip the hyperbole and just say that the AxeFX has never sounded or felt so good!

Color me happy! :)

I never would have guessed that this is how to activate those switches. Glad I asked! I will give it a try later - thanks so much!

Check out page 42 of the manual, although its before the Sat,Fat additions it explains is for the BRT function under treble. Same principle applies.

Hope this helps

It was one thing to be away from my guitar for two weeks while on vacation but, knowing that 9 is out and Axe-Edit is coming up is killing me. I love being on vacation in Belgium but, I am anxious to check this out once I get back to the US. =)

Cheers,

-Nate

It was one thing to be away from my guitar for two weeks while on vacation but, knowing that 9 is out and Axe-Edit is coming up is killing me. I love being on vacation in Belgium but, I am anxious to check this out once I get back to the US. =)

Cheers,

-Nate

Are you enjoying Belgium? Always wondered why people from abroad are interested in our little country (part from the beer). :D

Back
Top Bottom