Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.00 and MFC-101 Firmware 2.15 Available

Why can Cliff change the world and make such rapid changes and improvements in this amazing product so rapidly
and yet 100's of politicians on capital hill can't even figure out a budget resulting in the possibility of crossing the fiscal cliff(pun intended)

Cliff for president!!

its about working together and improving things for the American people. lock all of them in a room,and each side gets 50% of what they want.give and take.the worst thing they can do is nothing

Cliff, I have a request. Please set the default frequency to 440Hz on the tuner on the Axe Edit!

The tuner IS set at 440. You should NOT BE USING AXE EDIT for anything other than firmware updates until the new version gets released. The current version is not stable at this time.

I usually don't post in the new firmware threads simply because they tend to be a free-for-all and most are saying similar things.Truth be told, I look forward to the updates as much as everyone else. I just try to not get caught up in the maelstrom of new firmware on the horizon. I truly do appreciate all the hard work and dedication that is constantly shown by the FAS team. Thank you so so much for all you guys do. Having said all that...WOW! 9.0 sounds amazing! Thoroughly impressed with everything that this new firmware is. It absolutely sounds "alive" now. Been a Fractal owner since March of 2008 and I've always loved the way the Ultra and now the II sounded. But this really is a new level of realism. Congratulations on an amazing upgrade, and thanks again. You've got a customer for life here.

question
- with some other firmware drops, we were advised to go into our presets and "switch - switch back" the amp type in order to pcik up all the new default settings

is this lil' procedure required when going from 9 beta to 9 release?

Not necessary.

But I do it anyway after a firmware upgrade, and also reset the system params. Out of habit. :)

question
- with some other firmware drops, we were advised to go into our presets and "switch - switch back" the amp type in order to pcik up all the new default settings

is this lil' procedure required when going from 9 beta to 9 release?

This wasn't mentioned in the release notes this time but I tried it by copying a preset then resetting the amp block. I then switched back and forth to get all the parameters set the same again. A/B'ing the two presets I do hear quite a difference (for the better!). Cleaner, sharper on the reset preset. I haven't had much time to mess with it yet but I'm pretty sure I have all the parameters exactly the same.

No pressure... Just kittyng :p

hUwfB.jpg

Eq7Ce.jpg

9ifot.jpg

Guys, I have request too, that is already in the wish list, but is still ignoring by FAS for a long time.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/55482-assign-quick-controls-tempo-page.html
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/54302-abcd-controls-tempo-block.html
It is pretty simple I guess, but important, only for two guys I think?
Really no one uses a metronome and not feel uncomfortable with adjusting it?

I'm surprised there is a metronome in an amp modeler at all!

Wow this is a great upgrade - I just upgraded from v 6 to v 9. Huge improvement! I have a dumb question - on the AXE II amp block UI, how do I navigate down to the "Bright, Full and Sat" on off switches? Tried using the arrow cursors on the front panel as well as the knobs and could not select any of those three. I want to be able to turn them on and off. Help pleeeeze??

Back
Top Bottom