Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on those vids getting a release date?

You would have to ask Cobbler. I gave all my tapes to Jack at the event. All I know is that we filmed everything with three cameras so there is a ton of footage to go through. All I know is that when it's done, Jack deserves A case of whatever he drinks, because he'll most likely need it when he's done. I can't wait to see it again, because it was a great weekend.

If you are using axe edit..... don't. It doesn't play nice with fw 9. I honestly don't even remember if it worked with 8 very well.

hi man, i updated first with axe edit...it went all crazy...than i did reset back to 8.0 and updated again with midi ox...everything is ok, just this screen bug ?!?

does anybody have an idea, or the same problem?

Was lettin' er rip on FW 9 beta with some blackface Fender goodness -- hoo-wee!!! So great! Haven't nailed my tubescreamer-pushing-the-front-end tone just yet, but it's coming ;) I hope they eventually do a Super Reverb model.

hi man, i updated first with axe edit...it went all crazy...than i did reset back to 8.0 and updated again with midi ox...everything is ok, just this screen bug ?!?

Help us help you. What do you mean when you say "it went all crazy" and "this screen bug?"

I have it on the main preset window where the "A" under the Scene # overlaps with the "Press" from the Global Link message, making it look like garbage.

Help us help you. What do you mean when you say "it went all crazy" and "this screen bug?"
sorry for my bed english...

it went all crazy = nothing was functioning...presets lost and axe was freezing...than i did reset to 8.0 and than with midi ox update to 9.0 now the problem is
this:

I have it on the main preset window where the "A" under the Scene # overlaps with the "Press" from the Global Link message, making it look like garbage.

but seems like everyone has it??

but seems like everyone has it??
Yes, this a known issue, and will be fixed in the next release.

Until then, don't edit with Axe-Edit. :)

Maybe a moderator can edit the title to: "Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta - INCOMPATIBLE WITH AXE-EDIT" to keep this thread from really requiring Siri. :)

Maybe a moderator can edit the title to: "Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta - INCOMPATIBLE WITH AXE-EDIT" to keep this thread from really requiring Siri. :)

That and in several languages. I'm sure that reading thru all these posts is a daunting task to our contemporaries whose first language is not English.

Okay, kind of funny all the replies from just my one reply. Here is the deal, yes I joined the forum when I first bought it back in June with plans to use it more in the future. Many of my friends have the device and told me great things about FW 9.0 but never warned me of the issues with AxeEdit. Third I was in a rush to update it just before a recording that I was doing on Sunday and thought maybe I did something wrong with the update. I actually thought the device was an issue and not AxeEdit. I brought AxeEdit along to help with extended editing and thought it would be handy to have around. Searching for it on the forum would be a pain since I had no clue what was wrong. Was it the device, AxeEdit or both?
I went back to the first post of the beta to see if there was some updated note and didn't find anything.

I am also well aware of beta software and know that it's not 100% and it is BETA. I was totally aware of that when I installed it. I was mostly worried that I corrupted the device and would need to have it serviced. So in a panic I emailed support and posted here.

Sorry to mess up the thread....

Okay, kind of funny all the replies from just my one reply. Here is the deal, yes I joined the forum when I first bought it back in June with plans to use it more in the future. Many of my friends have the device and told me great things about FW 9.0 but never warned me of the issues with AxeEdit. Third I was in a rush to update it just before a recording that I was doing on Sunday and thought maybe I did something wrong with the update. I actually thought the device was an issue and not AxeEdit. I brought AxeEdit along to help with extended editing and thought it would be handy to have around. Searching for it on the forum would be a pain since I had no clue what was wrong. Was it the device, AxeEdit or both?
I went back to the first post of the beta to see if there was some updated note and didn't find anything.

I am also well aware of beta software and know that it's not 100% and it is BETA. I was totally aware of that when I installed it. I was mostly worried that I corrupted the device and would need to have it serviced. So in a panic I emailed support and posted here.

Sorry to mess up the thread....

No worries dude. its just been a real long nightmare for some, and they are edgy. For most of us we are just patiently wasting time until the release. If you don't know, you don't know, so just relax, and have fun, because shortly you will be on a wild ride.

No worries dude. its just been a real long nightmare for some, and they are edgy. For most of us we are just patiently wasting time until the release. If you don't know, you don't know, so just relax, and have fun, because shortly you will be on a wild ride.

+1

I too, downloaded 9.0 beta unaware of the axe edit issues a few weeks ago
Prior to this I used AE predominantly and thus have been checking for the updates in a somewhat obsessional manner.
However over time I too have come to use the front panel a lot more and am getting pretty comfortable with it and am learning patience
I hope collectively we haven't been hassling the guys at fractal to the point that it is getting to them (hate to think Cliff et al are missing sleep etc trying to bang it out)
AE is free!, fw9 is beta, FAS are on to it, the front panel is getting (increasingly) easier to use and my AXE2 is awesome --I can wait
(But still I check forum 20+ times a day!!!!)

The only time i have checked the forum so often was at the countdown for AXII..... I really want that Two Rock.

And i really want a `59 Les paul.... Well..... That`s in FW10.

The `57 Strat and `52 Tele don`t arrive before FW11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom