Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ain't getting new firmware without the new Edit this time around. Both releases are joined at the hip for the first time. Hopefully the new Edit isn't so full of bugs that it delays 9.0 for too long!!

So we are basically waiting for the Axe Edit to be complete, right? nice :)

hi guys,

is there a solution for the screen bug by presets with global blocks. right under the scene box there are funky character...

hi guys,

is there a solution for the screen bug by presets with global blocks. right under the scene box there are funky character...

If you are using axe edit..... don't. It doesn't play nice with fw 9. I honestly don't even remember if it worked with 8 very well.

"I can feel it, coming in the air tonight....hold on....hold on". Well maybe not tonight tonight but a night soon.....I hope. I'm suffering greatly as every day draws nigh and I don't have what will finally make me whole and complete.

I have no source, only my inate talent for reading between the lines!!

Reading through the comments from Cliff in the past few days, I've gotten that feeling as well.

In the past when a new fw is released, there have been so many complaints from people that rely on AxeEdit. I can understand that Fractal would like to avoid that for once. But, maybe they'll just get "please release the firmware now!" nag comments from those that don't need AxeEdit instead!
Fw9 is sounding awesome btw! Please release the firmware now!

The beta release notes mention: "Numerous MIDI enhancements to support Axe-Edit TNP." Ergo, it makes sense to not release FW 9 until they believe that TNP is golden, else they may have to introduce further "MIDI enhancements" into a subsequent release.

Also, in answer to the question of when FW9 would land...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/60027-fw9.html#post748808
G*d said:
Very soon. We are finishing up integration with Axe-Edit testing.

And that comment also pretty much says FW9 and Axe-Edit will be fully integrated and released at the same time.

Dont want to rush FAS, but ill say what I say a few days ago - a release before Friday would be great as I could really do with Axe-Edit working with FW9 (even Beta) before my presentation at the UK Axe-Fest :)

Obviously Ill manage if not. im not generally an Axe-Edit user but its the only way I can demonstrate what Im doing (on a big screen) to a group - while at the same time they can hear what Im doing (if you get me). without the integration I can show but wont get the sounds, OR I can show the sounds but they wont see what Im actually doing.

And I am sure a lot of us have big gigs coming up this weekend and/or the night before thanksgiving. I know I do. WANT :)

Obviously Ill manage if not. im not generally an Axe-Edit user but its the only way I can demonstrate what Im doing (on a big screen) to a group - while at the same time they can hear what Im doing (if you get me). without the integration I can show but wont get the sounds, OR I can show the sounds but they wont see what Im actually doing.

What about a camera on a tripod zoomed onto the front panel LCD feeding live video to your projector? Just a thought.

I'd say it is more crucial that FW9 works issue-free with the MFC - I can easily program the beast with the front panel but would gladly avoid switching between scenes and presets and effects by running to the Axe in mid-gig-song and twiddle at the front panel... ;-)

What about a camera on a tripod zoomed onto the front panel LCD feeding live video to your projector? Just a thought.

Possible - if someone has a video camera and tripod (I dont). Were not using a projector but a large flat panel TV i believe - but we could feed that no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom