Fender is Awesome

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Name one other company that posts complete, accurate schematics for the general public. The 5150 III schematic even has the pot tapers. Easiest amp I've ever modeled. Usually it's hours of figuring out how the amp differs from the schematic, measuring tapers, deciphering cryptic labeling or blurry documents.

Name one other company that posts complete, accurate schematics for the general public. The 5150 III schematic even has the pot tapers. Easiest amp I've ever modeled. Usually it's hours of figuring out how the amp differs from the schematic, measuring tapers, deciphering cryptic labeling or blurry documents.

That is really cool.

I remember once years ago I found an old Fender amp at my high school which didn't work. I wrote (snail mail in those days) to Fender to ask a couple of semi technical questions. A few weeks later I was floored to receive a package in the mail with a whole bunch of schematics for that particular amp from Fender. Very detailed stuff IIRC - too detailed for a mere electronics hack like me! :)

I remember once years ago I found an old Fender amp at my high school which didn't work. I wrote (snail mail in those days) to Fender to ask a couple of semi technical questions. A few weeks later I was floored to receive a package in the mail with a whole bunch of schematics for that particular amp from Fender. Very detailed stuff IIRC - too detailed for a mere electronics hack like me! :)

Same story here but with a suitcase Rhodes piano. Got the service manual and all documents for free.

Richard

I've always had massive respect for Fender, even though I don't care for their instruments. This just reinforces it. Anyone who makes it easier for Cliff to do his job is aces in my book.

that amp is amazing! if you haven't played one, go to a store that has it and plug in. really great sound and i'd probably use it if i didn't have an axe.

[noob]was the III added already or is it coming soon to a theatre near you?[/noob]

I've played a friends 5150 III a few times and really like the amp a lot; it covers a lot of ground and all channels are really useable. If I were to go back to a tube amp that's an amp that would go to the top of the list...

Cool to see Fender is forthcoming with that level of detailed information.

I've had great experiences dealing with them with guitar related stuff in the past. I thought that I just got really lucky and found a good customer service rep, but the more I hear the more it sounds like the norm rather than the exception to the rule.

And yeah, their website is fantastic in terms of schematics. I ran into some issues wiring up a 4 way switch on my tele with noiseless pickups and was able to sort it out by looking through a few different models on their site.

that amp is amazing! if you haven't played one, go to a store that has it and plug in. really great sound and i'd probably use it if i didn't have an axe.

[noob]was the III added already or is it coming soon to a theatre near you?[/noob]

I have one sitting next to me. I have modeled all three channels. Those models will be in the forthcoming 6.01 release which will be out soon.

Back
Top Bottom