This new firmware sounds great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it comes out on a Monday or Tuesday otherwise it will be complete torture to get it dialed in before the typical Friday/Saturday gigs. Are we yet taking bets on the release date? My money is on Christmas Eve. I'll gladly take it sooner however as I'm sure everyone else will.

Any new High Gain amp model?

I hope. I have seen a lot of requests for more high gain amps. But if you go by sales numbers of actual amps for high end equipment it looks like the Marshall JVM and ENGL Savage are the biggest omission. I would think the Diezel Herbert would be the 3rd.

Others will probably mention other high gain amps. But these three seem to be more talked about (not just here on Fractal) among the high gain amps not on the Axe-Fx currently. I am not counting 80s metal amps. Just modern rock/metal sounds.

Perhaps a little Xmas gift from Santa Cliff for all to enjoy.
Santa Cliff! Good one :mrgreen ohh! ohh! My turn my turn: Mckenzie the rednose reindeer :lol
Ok! Ok! I'll stop mentioning him. How about some more Fractal Audio christmas spirit?
"Axe-fx shimmer, axe-fx shimmer, shimmer all the way.." Everybody! :D
No white christmas without that black box :cry
I'll put out some milk and cookies for it to show up, maybe it's more like red bull and popeye-spinage for shredding stamina I don't know.

I hope its more like 2.00 but better.After comparing my axe II with someone else's,I did not like 3.00 or 3.02 at all.It seemed to take the balls out of the high gain amps to me.No matter how I tweaked it.

I'm hoping for a 3 minute looper!!! More Drive blocks!!! More High Gain Amps!!! I get my II tomorrow!!!! I can't wait!!! I think I'm gonna explode or implode I can't even figure out which way the excitement is traveling.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Whatever Cliff came up with now must be worth releasing to the beta team.. Scott says "it sounds good" on Facebook. Very cool!

"I Got You Babe!"

I hope its more like 2.00 but better.After comparing my axe II with someone else's,I did not like 3.00 or 3.02 at all.It seemed to take the balls out of the high gain amps to me.No matter how I tweaked it.

jethro,

Perhaps Cliff's primary-objective in the 3.xx FW-update was to "castrate" ALL high-gain amp-models - LOL?!?

That sure seems unlikely...Personally, I'm digging most of the high-gain amps I've tested/used, but "to-each-their-own," right?!? I also don't remember a proliferation of complaints (here in the forums) indicating that all FW-2.xx high-gain amps had "too much" balls - LOL?!? If Cliff had sensed that FW-2.xx high-gain amp-models had TOO MUCH BALLS, perhaps he decided to remove any and all "gonadic-characteristics" from these "high-gain models?!?" I dunno? I do remember some frustration amongst some Axe-FX II owners/users who were having difficulty in tweaking their post-3.xx units to sound the way they wanted...Again though, I don't hear FW-3.xx as you do, but that doesn't necessarily make me correct! However, with all that having been said, you could always revert back to 2.xx and then see what the future firmware-updates bring?

Remember, when in doubt:

1.) R.T.F.M.
2.) R.T.F.R.N.
3.) Read Scott Peterson's advice in the forums.
3.) If still confused, repeat steps 1.), 2.), and 3.) ad infinitum - LOL!

Best of luck with your tonal-pursuits!

Bill

Reactions: jon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom