The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

I'm just asking. What should have Fractal done? Produce 4,000,000 Axe Fx 2's without telling anyone, then let everyone know what they are in relation, comparison to the Ultra and then flood the market @ $2999.99 ea. How long would it have taken them to produce all of these 1, 2 years from now. I'm sure they are producing them as fast as they can without sacrificing quality. Its easy for me to say this I know, but what else can be done? If you have a standared or an ultra you have the best!!!! Nothing else can touch it trust me. They are going to be available, I cant give you a date, but if demand is there, there will be a supply. Weather new or used they will be available. Sooooo play man, rock out, give it all you got, dream big, go for it get better, have fun. The Axe 2 doesn't play its self, so be ready when it gets here. Just my opinion.............

I'm just asking. What should have Fractal done? Produce 4,000,000 Axe Fx 2's without telling anyone, then let everyone know what they are in relation, comparison to the Ultra and then flood the market @ $2999.99

Actually, Axe5288, I do not think that is a sustainable business model. In fact I think FAS would not be able to raise the capital to launch a product in that way. If they did it would finish them.

I really think that you ought to read about business and economics.

Im loosing the strength to live !!! - can people not get the issue here? itr NOT the lack of AFX2s, we know there really short - we know theres a high demand etc. Were not suggesting anything like this last post. All were asking is a fair share. If there were only 10 AFX2s actually produced, and 20% of the demand came from the EU - then 2 units should have gone there. Thats it - not why are there not enough, not we should get it first - all we want is a fair% of available units that reflect the overall % of danmand the EU has. Its very simple and not something that couldnt have been done.

There was a list at G66, there was a list at TM, there was a list at Fractal. How hard would it have been to look at the list, realise what the split for demand was, and send a similar % of available units to each. I know thats not so easy with really small amouts. Im not expecting Fractal to send 4 to the EU, 1 to TO, 3 to Asia and sell 12 on its own - thats just not practical.

What caused me to post the thread initial cliff himself saying hes shipped 100s - direct quote from him when addressing how small the % of units was that were having boot up issues. now - Ive seem how many people were reporting that issue on the bugs section. It was 10-20 just on there. Cliff states its a very small% of the 100s of units shipped. Do that maths from there. Thats says to me that the number of units shipped is somewhere between 300 and 600 minimum (as for that 20 to be a small% they havent just shipped 200). i was just a little frustrated at that point as the EU had only a handful of units (estimates are 10-20).

Now if Fractal can say they have only shipped 300 to date, the Eu has had 30 and the EU represent 10% of demand, well ill take it all back and get in my box. However with the figures that have been banded about - the number of US people who seem to have the units, the number available on EBay, the amount of time units are available at Fractals store - - - Well i highly doubt the EU has been sent its % of demand.

Last edited:
Mapps, I am going to real you in here. It's not peoples' fault if they can not read (the original post). That is why you just have to sit back and laugh at people who come off with half-arsed (half-assed) opinions. You can not expect everyone to have the same level of literacy.

I think that you, and I am willing to be corrected, are having a pop at Axe5288. He is just another guy, or girl, on here who is stating his, or her, opinion. You do not know where he, or she, is from. English may not be his, or her, first language.

Let us all exercise a bit of tolerance on this forum, please.

Top and bottom is Fractal will do what makes the most business sense to them, knowing all the variables that people are not privy too..there is no such thing as "fair share" it is a business that will be run as any other business and will fail or succeed on the products and decisions made.

It really is a case of they arrive when they arrive, end of story..if that is not good enough for some people then it's up to them to decide to wait or move on to something else.

Last edited:
Actually, Axe5288, I do not think that is a sustainable business model. In fact I think FAS would not be able to raise the capital to launch a product in that way. If they did it would finish them.

Mapps, I am going to real you in here. It's not peoples' fault if they can not read (the original post). That is why you just have to sit back and laugh at people who come off with half-arsed (half-assed) opinions. You can not expect everyone to have the same level of literacy.

I think that you, and I am willing to be corrected, are having a pop at Axe5288. He is just another guy, or girl, on here who is stating his, or her, opinion. You do not know where he, or she, is from. English may not be his, or her, first language.

Let us all exercise a bit of tolerance on this forum, please.

Who popped who first?

I know I did have an issue with Axe5288 in a post elsewhere (he's a male - see his wife mentioned in sig and he's from Georgia US - see the Ga under his pic). It was more to do with the post being a bit patronising and condescending given that he waited 10 weeks for an AF2 (a discounted one) whereas someone like David above has waited 10 months and the rest of Europe are basically in the same boat regarding delivery - and this delay hasn't really changed since the Standard was first released.

It's great to see the Axe evolve, but International users just can't help but feel somewhat excluded from the party.

Cliff has answered us regarding the issue - so that's the official line - component supply is holding up production. There are potential retorts aplenty to this statement of course but it's not my business so it's down to the team at FAS to sort it out themselves.

If it takes too long then I'll be either buying it second hand or getting a different product - no biggie. I have an Ultra which I got s/h and it's going to have to do - but I could really do with the new x/y function as it will cover some shortfalls in the Ultra as a live tool.

I'll survive .... but I do think a flag needed raised to show concern for the lack of supply .... and there will be more posts on the same theme over the next months I'm sure. PaulMapp has a Standard so he's now 2 steps behind and wants the AF2 pretty badly ..... nothing wrong in that.

I'm already on the brink of a gagging order and an ASBO I think so I'll shut up now

Well Max, I'll let you have first dibs on my AF2, which I am getting next week!!! As long as Mapps or Clarky doesn't want it.

he's a male - see his wife mentioned in sig and he's from Georgia US - see the Ga under his pic

And why can't it be her wife? I live in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and I also live in the 21st Century. Let's let lady guitar players have a go on these machines, whatever their orientation.

I shall be starting up the UK wing of the GLABAFUA (Gay, Lesbian And Bi-sexual Axe-FX Users Alliance) soon.

Also yes, know he, or she, from the US; however, let's not assume that English is this forumite's first language. He, or she, may be from outside the continental US.

Last edited:
??

Think I'm a bit lost now. Are you saying you've sat on the G66 waiting list for 'x' months (presumably originally for an Ultra) and now are going to sell your AF2 as soon as you get it?

If I don't like it, why not? The really seedy thing is that I'll sell it at cost... to a friend. I have plenty of experience of Mapps one, but the AF2 may not work for me. Does that make me wrong?

Nope .... it was the 'If I don't like it' bit that was missing in the other post that clarifys things.

Work away

Believe it or not, I am here to help. I may sound a bit off-colour at times but I like to think that I'm politically correct.

BTW, have you ever played in The Dirty Duck in Holywood?

Ummmmmm, Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dont think you'll get a sniff of Chris's AFX2 Max. If he DOESNt like it - and wants his money back he'll sell it to Clarky (cos I wont have the full amount without selling my Standard). If he likes it - but doesnt think its worth the asking price to him, Ill bite his hand off and Px My standard with him so he still has an AFX to fit in with his Orange Rig - and Ill have an AFX2.

Dont think you'll get a sniff of Chris's AFX2 Max. If he DOESNt like it - and wants his money back he'll sell it to Clarky (cos I wont have the full amount without selling my Standard). If he likes it - but doesnt think its worth the asking price to him, Ill bite his hand off and Px My standard with him so he still has an AFX to fit in with his Orange Rig - and Ill have an AFX2.

And I believe that the warranty is transferable within the EU.

Back
Top Bottom