The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Norbet - a point I raised many times myself.
To my knowledge ( using polls and users on this forum ) G66 initially got 3 units, then a further 4.
7 sales in nearly 3 months combined with all the shipments they were supposed to get but didnt. If they are selling Axe II's + MFC 101's then that'll make them €21,000 in 3 months. But obviously shipping + FAS themselves take a cut. It's a shame - they've made a great job of the website, the countdown and Sussi has been nothing but polite and friendly to every email I've ever sent her.
And if they dont know where their next paycheck is coming or how much it's going to be for then as a business it puts them in a very difficult situation.

the answer is probably simple: fractal makes less profit by selling these through G66 as their european distributor than they would by selling them straight to customers in the US. not to mention the hassle of international shipping, european bureaucracy, customs, etc... why take the hard road?

The 48% price increase for us in the EU covers the 20% import tax duty + postage and packing and then some. If they were selling them here for the equivalent of the US price then yes I could understand them not wanting to make a loss but that just isnt the case.

DavidN1978 wrote: This would be the death of any company.
G66 and it´s wonderful service is waiting since an very long time. They sell fractal products exclusively. How long can they survive? A death of that company would be a disaster.

I do wonder this myself....how the hell do they survive with nothing to sell for all this time?.....they must have fingers in other pies... or it is a hobby business....it certainly does not look like a sustainable business model to me.

As to being treated "fairly" - Fractal can sell to anyone they wish at any price they can get, that's their right as a privately owned company in an open marketplace.

The only thing that bugs me is the unreliability of the delivery information. This is the second time I've gotten on a waiting list in springtime and it looks to be at least another 7-8 month wait when only about a three month one was initially promised. What I had hoped to have been learned from the first go-round is don't promise what you can't deliver.

Yet this exact same thread http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/39877-tone-merchants-shipment-axefx-iis.html isnt moved to the lounge for asking the same question ( and got answered by Cliff twice ).
This doesnt help the " Anyone outside the US, shhhhhhhhh " stereotype fellas.

You might want to fact check that. That thread has also been moved to the proper section. There is no bias, only volunteer moderators trying to do the best they can while still leading actual lives outside of the forum bubble. Some things just take time.

Let's just dull our axes a touch and not slam on folks not attached to the issues being discussed. There is no conspiracy here - moderators here are 100% volunteer and not working for Fractal.

the answer is probably simple: fractal makes less profit by selling these through G66 as their european distributor than they would by selling them straight to customers in the US. not to mention the hassle of international shipping, european bureaucracy, customs, etc... why take the hard road?

More turnover = more profit even if margins are reduced a bit for the international distributorships and shipping.

I really don't see it as a 'hard road' when it puts money in the bank and gets your product worldwide and establishes a platform for follow on trading - it's just called good business.

It's plain to see by just using the only tool we have available to us - this forum - that the user base of the FAS product is loyal and most if not all want to stay and upgrade to the latest. I'll speculate and assume the same brand loyalty is existent in 80% of the non forum user customers.

Maybe moltisanti has a point - the intellectual property is possibly more important than the sales ledger ..... a buy out would put serious money in the bank in a very short time .... now that's the easy road ;)

Yep... It sucks... Especially for people from Greece it sucks even more, cause noone knows if tomorrow Greece will still be in the EU. I mean, the way the economy goes, who knows?
I don't mind the waiting (although I can't play cause I don't have a backup rig), but if shit does happen and Greece is out of the EU, I'm pretty much s****d...
If it wasn't for this f***** crisis, I wouldn't mind the wait, but the way things are going...
Oh well, nothing we can do about it I guess....

Last edited:
You might want to fact check that. That thread has also been moved to the proper section. There is no bias, only volunteer moderators trying to do the best they can while still leading actual lives outside of the forum bubble. Some things just take time.

in fairness, it was not moved when he made the post

in fairness, it was not moved when he made the post

In fairness to me, I didn't say it was.

I'm not trying to be combative, just pointing out the facts.

There are some very passionate folks here - and some of them are in 'kill them all' mode. I understand the need to vent the frustration they are feeling. I am not making light of, nor ignoring their message.

I was just pointing out that the 'bias' against the EU members is a red herring and the moderators do not deserve to be raked over the coals and dragged into the morass because folks are angry. We are just volunteers trying to keep the forum civil and informative. We do this for the community, because we care. We are not Fractal employees.

In fairness to me, I didn't say it was.

I'm not trying to be combative, just pointing out the facts.

There are some very passionate folks here - and some of them are in 'kill them all' mode. I understand the need to vent the frustration they are feeling. I am not making light of, nor ignoring their message.

I was just pointing out that the 'bias' against the EU members is a red herring and the moderators do not deserve to be raked over the coals and dragged into the morass because folks are angry. We are just volunteers trying to keep the forum civil and informative.

Understood and I am not having a go at any moderators.

when I clicked on the link in the post .... I am positive it took me to the Axe-FX II discussion forum, so it must have been moved just after...of course I have no proof.

Is THAT a conspiracy???

(I am messing with you in a friendly way...of course it is not)

Like I said the Mods are doing a great job in some frustrating times and again thanks.

...The other is to hire more staff and increase the supply... If you cant supply 1,000 units in 3 months on a product that cant even clear a waiting list going back over a year in some countries and a couple of days in your own then you know something needs to be changed.

I just wanted to reply to this very specific part in your post. I´m sure you and others already knows this but I just wanted to clarify that it may not be as simple as that. If you´ve got all the parts/components in the house, then you may be able to increase the supply and hire more staff. However sometimes s**t happens and suddenly you´re short on a specific part/component, or they´re simply not delivered on a expected date, or even worse they are delivered but not meeting the specified quality. That means that you can´t increase the supply even if you have hired more staff, but you still have to pay your staff in the meantime... and how to solve that issue is on FAS behalf/conscience...

I´m sure FAS struggle hard as hell to get everything together. But sometimes no matter of how hard you try, things are out of control somewhere else in the supply chain which you can´t escape. You can have the best company infrastructure in the world, but if someone else in the supply chain doesn´t, well there ain´t much you really can do about it, but still it may affect your business very much. Working at a company myself within the music industry, I know that sometimes certain components can have lead times as long as several months or even a year, so it´s not easy as some people seems to think to get everything together. And worse is that you also have to hope that nothing else screws up along the way... (which it of course always do according to Murphy´s law).

Just my two cents, I wish FAS good luck and also want to say big thanks to all moderators doing a great job! I am looking forward to get my AF2 whenever that may be. I´m in no rush, I´ve got my Ultra in the meanwhile...

/Mike

I wish I could supply everyone who is waiting unfortunately our suppliers are way behind and not giving me any definite answers on when we might get parts.

There is no conspiracy and it's simply foolish to assume there is one. Why on earth would anyone want to intentionally not sell something? That's just stupid.

If I had the units to sell I would sell them. I simply can't get supplies.

I wish I could supply everyone who is waiting unfortunately our suppliers are way behind and not giving me any definite answers on when we might get parts.

There is no conspiracy and it's simply foolish to assume there is one. Why on earth would anyone want to intentionally not sell something? That's just stupid.

Wow, that's gotta suck and be very frustrating for you as well.

Seriously thanks for making the comment though.

I wish is could still order one through the store at the $2600 though. LOL

Last edited:
Once again, I'm not creating an " EU vs US " camp. I'm merely pointing out the exact same questions asked have been answered and since I live in the EU, I would like the same courtesy. NOT because I live in the EU but because I am a paying customer same as anyone else in the world.
I've never had any problems with the mods and never will. If you've moved that thread since I posted ( and we know it was there, dont sweep it under the rug ;) ) then alright but again my questions are directed solely at FAS. Not arguements, not throwing stones, just questions that a customer has a right to ask.
When you're not modding and out in the real world as you pointed out and I'm glad you did because it lets you know all us non-mods have real lives outside the forums too !
So in your real life and real world, if a business that made you a quote for anything and doesnt reply to your questions you wouldnt try to find out why ? That's all we're trying to do here. Nothing more.

Miketheman - That's never been in debate. No " rose tinted, it could be a perfect world if I ruled it " speeches, just a request for information that without left myself and many others to speculate on the possible reasons and solutions. Frustration more often than not is caused by 2 things. Misinformation, and no information at all and it's great to see Cliff finally shine some light on it.
Thanks Cliff, appreciated !

Thank you for that comment. It sucks for you, and has persuaded me from not emailing Sussi to dump my order. For now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom