The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Understood and I am not having a go at any moderators.

when I clicked on the link in the post .... I am positive it took me to the Axe-FX II discussion forum, so it must have been moved just after...of course I have no proof.

Is THAT a conspiracy???

(I am messing with you in a friendly way...of course it is not)

Like I said the Mods are doing a great job in some frustrating times and again thanks.

Once again, I'm not creating an " EU vs US " camp. I'm merely pointing out the exact same questions asked have been answered and since I live in the EU, I would like the same courtesy. NOT because I live in the EU but because I am a paying customer same as anyone else in the world.
I've never had any problems with the mods and never will. If you've moved that thread since I posted ( and we know it was there, dont sweep it under the rug ;) ) then alright but again my questions are directed solely at FAS. Not arguements, not throwing stones, just questions that a customer has a right to ask.
When you're not modding and out in the real world as you pointed out and I'm glad you did because it lets you know all us non-mods have real lives outside the forums too !
So in your real life and real world, if a business that made you a quote for anything and doesnt reply to your questions you wouldnt try to find out why ? That's all we're trying to do here. Nothing more.

No one is sweeping anything under the rug nor denying the threads were moved. They have both been moved to the Lounge - they are discussions of distribution and there are passionate folks waiting (and it seems Cliff himself is waiting too on suppliers) and not of the actual product. The discussions are rightfully placed in the proper section.

There's no bias. There's no conspiracy. I am making a concerted effort to just explain what/why things happened. I moved one thread; another moderator moved another. I used an expiring redirect for those that would be looking on the thread I moved... that's not sweeping anything under any rug.

The way people talk to each other on forums needs, IMHO, a firmware upgrade. Folks are not respectful, nor polite to each other. That's how I conduct myself - and I post all this with sincerity. Not anger, not emotion, not condescension. I'm trying to help folks out; and some of those folks are charged up for a fight. I'm not. I'm not in a fighting mood and I have no dog in the 'fight' any way.

Peace.

I have no issue with my thread being moved to the Lounge if thats more appropriate. I have no beef with the moderators. I also have no beef with cliff,and thanks for your input.

I would like to say though - that my main "beef" isnt the lack of units as a whole. I completely understand your swamped by demand, and that you can only build if/when you have parts. I understand and accept most of us have to wait until units are available. I also cont think theres a conspiracy as such. My Main "beef" is that there ARE SOME Units - quite a lot in fact - available in the US and very few - if any available outside the US. While unintentional Im sure - it DOES make us feel 2nd class compared to out US counterparts. Just as we have to accept the situation is as it is - surly Fractal as a whole can accept how we feel this side if the water.

the countdown ended the 9 may.
since this time / how many axe fx II had been sold and shipped in the usa, and in the same how many overseas customers received their axe II.
i am sure the second number is ridiculous regarding the first.
there is no conspiracy?! ok, but for sure there is a priority.... and a big one

Sorry Scott,

I am lost, my intention and tone has always intended to be nothing than respectful to you and everyone... I even thanked you all several times.

I have never implied any conspiracy, part from the joke which I said was a joke.

I am really lost that you took it the wrong way, nothing I have said was intended to be discourteous or disrespectful and re reading my posts, I can not see what you have taken offence at, but you clearly did... So apologies.

Last edited:
Scott,
I dont see how asking a valid question after waiting more than long enough while in all that time the information given to me was proven to be wrong again and again makes me disrespectul or impolite. If that 1 comment wasnt directed at me, then I'm happy to apologize but can still understand peoples frustrations.
Seeing the thread moved only after I highlighted yet again the only question I had been asked is nothing more than an observation based on fact.
In all honesty under the circumstances I've been extremely polite - and after Cliff kindly replied to said question I thanked him.
I'll leave it at that, I found the answer to the question I was looking for.
Have a good Friday people and once again, many thanks Cliff for a much appreciated heads up.

Well - Ive more AFX2s sold on EBay from users who bought it just to make a profit, dont want it as it didnt fit their needs, or cant justify it in this economic climate - than have been received by G66 at all.

Sorry Scott,

I am lost, my intention and tone has always intended to be nothing than respectful to you and everyone... I even thanked you all several times.

I have never implied any conspiracy, part from the joke which I said was a joke.

I am really lost that you took it the wrong way, nothing I have said was intended to be discourteous or disrespectful and re reading my posts, I can not see what you have taken offence at, but you clearly did... So apologies.

No one owes me any apologies and that's not the aim of my posts.

I am trying to be transparent with actions the moderators are doing.

Nothing more.

Not being defensive nor fishing for anything. Just wanted to grab some of the more inflammatory stuff and discuss it openly so folks don't feel all this cloak and dagger stuff.

Nothing more - especially from me. No one needs to justify their posts or anything. I'm not on a warpath.

FWIW, I think it is valid and good for folks to vent and discuss issues. Just don't turn it into a hatefest (and this has not done so!) and everything is cool.

Last edited:
Well - Ive more AFX2s sold on EBay from users who bought it just to make a profit, dont want it as it didnt fit their needs, or cant justify it in this economic climate - than have been received by G66 at all.
Hell yeah on this.......there is an imbalance and it is huge...well at least we know now
Personally speaking I might go for a used standard for now...

I can sympathise with FAS concerning the parts shortage, and I understand full well there is nothing intentional behind delays in general.

OTOH, wait a minute! When I read the following in the "Waiting List" thread:

I sent my email at 12:28 EDT on 6/19 and got my coupon yesterday, just placed my order this morning so by sometime next week I hope to be rocking my AxeFX II! I've had an Ultra for a couple years now and I love it but I'm excited to see what's in store for me in the new box.

I can do nothing but feel frustrated. I ordered my Axe-II from G66 more than one month earlier than this guy (to whom, of course, I sincerely wish to have a GREAT time with his Axe-II). If the above quoted post is accurate, here how it goes: It seems that, at the earliest, I will receive mine mid-October, perhaps late October. That's a 2,5-3 month total difference in deliveries (from order date), between US and Europe. Which, in my book, tells me something is completely wrong with delivery planning, OR, there is a definite strategy behind that. You see I'm not reffering to "buy it now" option at all, just waiting list option.

I have no idea what the ratio is, between US and non-US orders. But I can't believe US orders are, say, 3 or 4 times more than the rest of the world put together. Even here in tiny Greece, with all the fincancial instability, you see three future owners posting in this thread. And I personally know at least 6-7 more expecting the happy email from Sussi. I can guess orders from, say, the UK or Germany, to be in the hundrends. It cannot be that people in the US alone have ordered several thousand units, IMHO.

So, my wish would be for FAS to rearrange their delivery schedule to Europe (and the rest of the world outside USA) as soon as possible. Sorry guys from the States, it goes without saying we have no beef with you, but you have to admit, a 3 month difference in delivery is hard to swallow.

All FAS need to do to stop this thread is to state customers in different geographical regions have been treated fairly on a first come, first served basis.

Indeed - but they havent so it wouldnt help.

if that were the case, all the EU customers who ordered gen 1 units before the announcement would have got AFX2s (as the Gen 1s were discontinued) before anyone in the states got an AFX2 :)

What we need is for them to acknowledge that maybe, unintentionally, non US customers have actually not had a fair share of available units, and that they will get a fair share of units from now on. Also an idea of how often shipments to the various locations would take place, and estimates of how many units per shipment. obviously that isnt accurate as shipments MAY get delayed, and exact numbers cant be given - however it should be perfectly possible to give info like "every 4-6 weeks" for shipments and "50-70" or "100-150" for unit numbers.

At least then we'd have a clue.

i havent been as affected as some (a mate who placed an order for an ultra on 1 Dec 2010 still has no unit of any sort) AND as I have mu standard Im not desperate for an AFX2. Having said that, i have £1200 sat in my bank waiting (with the remainder to be funded by the sale of my standard ONLY when I get notification) - it is VERY easy for that to get eaten up by "the family" on bits here and bits there. Its also very tempting to get a valve combo or "small" head as a tonal reference or pick up and go option. The longer the wait goes on with no real idea of how long that wait is - the more likely one of those senarios are. Ultimately Ill still have an AFX - but both G66 and Fractal will loose a sale. Sure not an issue at present as they cant make enough to supply BUT its not a way to build a business and ultimately could turn a convert of the last 3 years away from the company.

What we need is for them to acknowledge that maybe, unintentionally, non US customers have actually not had a fair share of available units, and that they will get a fair share of units from now on.

I believe the situation was created unintenionally. This, of course, means nothing if it is not corrected in some way.

I will ask again: what is the ratio between US and International orders? I can understand that, to cover the same percentage of orders per "region", and since this is a US made product, perhaps US orders have to be covered in priority. E.g. if US orders are 2X International, 2 out of 3 Axe-II should be shipped to the US, to be fair.

Personally, my problem is that I expected to have the Axe-II by early September (according to initial info) and I have an extensive recording/gigging program ahead of me in the following 3-4 months. I HOPED to be able to use the Axe for them, but it seems I have to rearrange my plans drastically. Like you say, I'm not sure anymore that, should there be further delays, I'll end up buying it after all. I am not ranting, really. But everyone has his needs any specific period.

So, if we take a far fetched scenario, suppose a competitor comes up with a major update or something new comes up while waiting for your Axe-II. Wouldn't you be tempted to jump ship? E.g. the Kemper is around the corner and some people (NOT me, I don't like the concept) see it as a viable alternative.

At this point I really feel sorry for Cliff, who has to consolidate all the technical issues PLUS the marketing issues. It would be a real shame to loose potential customers because of all this.

Another thing: Price for a "buy it now" Axe-II is not too far from the actual EU price. What would stop me, or any other, to have a friend buy it for us and ship it to Europe as "used electronic gear" with a declared value for customs of $99?

And another, final thing: would it be better for FAS if the Axe-II had presence on stages and studios ALL OVER THE WORLD?

I don't know what people are blaming FAS for. IMHO they are performing exactly to a standard American political/business model. FAS are doing nothing that the US haven't been doing over the last 100 years. The US will come to Europe when it needs to, it will happen - which is admittedly easy for me to say as I am soon due a unit.

Last edited:
All of this just shows how awesome this product is, and that there's unfortunately no European DSP genius to develop one just for the "entitled ones" over there. Here in the new world we call this shit out of luck. Deal with it or book a vacation to New England and pick one up.

Benji

All of this just shows how awesome this product is, and that there's unfortunately no European DSP genius to develop one just for the "entitled ones" over there. Here in the new world we call this shit out of luck. Deal with it or book a vacation to New England and pick one up.

Benji

If the US was the only source, yes. But they have a European distributor. I shouldnt need to add any more.

Benny, FAS have stated by doing that, the warranty would be invalidated.
I don't think that is the case - but I have been wrong before!
In theory - If I bought an Axe while living in California and next week moved to France.. the warranty (as original owner) should still be valid. The warranty is NOT valid if that person living in France (or anywhere outside the US) has a US-based person buy the unit and ship it to them. It's like buying one from evilbay - they would not be the original owner. They would be required to purchase the II thru an authorized dealer (G66 in this case) to get the warranty.

In my experience, that is [probably] no different than any product produced in the US by a US company.

Last edited:
Well it is the case. Your statement, whilst being true, doesn't account for:
someone from the EU going over to buy one from Tone Merchants - which I believe our Dutch Caribbean friend, Benny, was on about.
buying one off US eBay and shipping to the EU
getting a US (United States) resident to send one over.

those three situations will invalidate the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom