Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the manual (p. 139) S/PDIF and AES cannot be active at the same time. Is this a hardware limitation or could this be changed by a firmware update?

According to the manual (p. 139) S/PDIF and AES cannot be active at the same time. Is this a hardware limitation or could this be changed by a firmware update?

Why would you want to be able to do this?

Because then I could feed two digital inputs :); background is, I would like to use one of the digital outs for monitoring while the other digital out feeds the DAW. The last purpose could also be achieved if the new USB connection would work with Linux as well, 'cause I use Ardour, but I fear Linux will not be supported.

Because then I could feed two digital inputs :); background is, I would like to use one of the digital outs for monitoring while the other digital out feeds the DAW. The last purpose could also be achieved if the new USB connection would work with Linux as well, 'cause I use Ardour, but I fear Linux will not be supported.
Monitor with headphones ??

So now that we've seen all the amp parameters, I can't help but wonder why the tube type is not editable?

Because then Cliff would have pleased everybody in the world and we all know that's not possible. Get Revalver if you really have to bother with that sort of thing.

This is generally the case with digital equipment simply because there is actually only one digital output stream, the parameters and routing of which are changed to provide the required protocol.

what rig does cliff use

Just wonder if anyone knows ( or if cliff can chime in ) what rig he used/ uses with the axefx2? poweramp, cabs ect?

This is generally the case with digital equipment simply because there is actually only one digital output stream, the parameters and routing of which are changed to provide the required protocol.

Don't know. I think it's a conversion thing. Format converters like the MUTEC MC 1.1 put out the fed in signal in S/PDIF and AES format as the same time.

Last edited:
Because then Cliff would have pleased everybody in the world and we all know that's not possible. Get Revalver if you really have to bother with that sort of thing.
Hmm...I wasn't complaining really, I'm very pleased with the Standard I've had for years, and have already paid for the II (TM list). IMO, most guitarists would know more about the effect on tone between a 6L6 and an EL34 than the B+ time constant or transformer drive. I'm sure a lot of folks would want to bother with that sort of thing.

If i have the new looper block set up in every preset, changing presets on the Ax II will obviously keep the loop going as was the case with the Ultra, will this function now be available with changing presets on the MCF?

It's maybe more an MCF question, but the upgrade of the looper on the Ax II would be wasted without this function.

(...) Get Revalver if you really have to bother with that sort of thing.

Eh...

One thing to remember:
Just because a sim allows you to "change the tubes", it doesn't necessarily change the signal the way a change of tubes in the real world (if that would be possible in the actual physical amp) would do. This is (in my honest opinion) a big problem in "the modelling world", where some guys are more concerned with what marketing departments write that the users are able to do than what the outcome of the processing really is.

That being said, I've enjoyed my Revalver III license. But then again, I have hardly used it after my initial Axe-FX purchase, except for comparison purposes. And there's no comparison, really....

Sorry if that has been discussed already, but is the II capable of having an electric guitar in the front input and an acoustic guitar in the rear input (2) as the same time?
I have to switch often between electric and acoustic and on my Ultra I prefer Input 1 (rear) for my acoustic - so I have to switch cables every couple of tunes and that is tiresome...

Or is it even possible to plug in both guitars in the front input (I have a Lehle switcher to switch between guitars) with the new input volume function?

Last edited:
Sorry if that has been discussed already, but is the II capable of having an electric guitar in the front input and an acoustic guitar in the rear input (2) as the same time?
I have to switch often between electric and acoustic and on my Ultra I prefer Input 1 (rear) for my acoustic - so I have to switch cables every couple of tunes and that is tiresome...

Or is it even possible to plug in both guitars in the front input (I have a Lehle switcher to switch between guitars) with the new input volume function?

Yes you can have the front rear plugged in at the same time.
Yes it is possible to use an A/B switcher in the front. I use an ABCadabra MIDI A/B/Y switcher. New input volume function doesn't change anything regarding this.

<snip>

The USB is Audio Class 2.0 compliant. On a Mac you don't need to install any drivers but you do need to install the firmware loader for the USB chip (it is a "soft" processor and downloads its code from the host on start-up).

<snip>

Is this USB loader something that FAS will post a link to at the appropriate time, or is it already available somewhere?

If so, please post a link.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom