Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) DSP A handles effects. DSP B does just amp modeling. The new modeling algorithms use over 40% of the DSP processing power. Two amp blocks would use over 80% of one DSP so that's why the amp blocks get their own DSP. This frees DSP A for effects. You can easily run a dozen effects or more now.

Umm - given the AFX2 and Ultra use the sdame processor - does that mean its possible (technically not actually) to run G2 sims on theUltra - but you'd only be able to run 1 sim, and not many FX?

Im actually a standard Owners, so it would be even worse for my little machine :), but as a technical "could it be done" Q.

Personally if it is - It may be of use to some, who maybe want the G2 sims, bu use no cab (running Amp/Cab) and only use Reverb and delay say.

I have another one.

The different effect types, or models, or they just switching around the different editable parameter, or do they change the underlaying algorithm?

I've noticed that the Cab block is not one of the blocks which support X/Y.
Do I conclude correctly that, with a MIDI controller, you can switch an amp type while staying in the same preset, but you can't switch a Cab at the same time?

Don't know if it's been asked but are there any new amp parameters exposed (other than the current Ultra/Standard ones)?

Here is a quote from the duc forum: "The internal sample rate of the amp modeling in Eleven Rack and the Eleven PlugIn is 384kHz (or 352.8kHz at 44.1k or 88.2k)"

Is the Axe-Fx II doing this, as well or is such a high internal sample rate in your opinion not necessary?

Thank you very much!

Best regards, Kwinn from Germany

1) I hope you find the time to answer the question above.

2) Did you make any technical improvements to the models so that the amps react to tweaking more like the orignals? I am a little concerned that I won't get the tones the amps are known for without much experience with the originals. In fact, the only reason I would buy an 11r instead is that it seems like they are easier to tweak... :(

Here's one that no one asked:

On the first Axe Fx the majority of it's users needed a never ending learnning curve
to really nail the tone of a real amp and it didnt always sounded 100% there for alot of people.

To me it seemed like I'm going for a tweaker life style and that I'll deal with editing daily instead of playing - that's why I bought my uberschall instead.

Now my question is - does the modeling in II sounds that good, and is that advanced, that if I just simply load an amp and a cab it would right away sound organic and would nail the amp's tone?

+1 on the sequencer question. I'm very curious to know about any improvements on that front.

I'm going to get one eventually as well, but there's no rush. I played with fw 11 last night and it is awesome :)

1) DSP A handles effects. DSP B does just amp modeling. The new modeling algorithms use over 40% of the DSP processing power. Two amp blocks would use over 80% of one DSP so that's why the amp blocks get their own DSP. This frees DSP A for effects. You can easily run a dozen effects or more now.

As I understand there's been changes in the FX-blocks like more controllable parms, a dedicated looper etc.
Since an Ultra uses the same DSP would it be possible to turn it into a FX-only unit, with all these changes(ie. firmware without amp/cab)?
If so, any plans in this direction?

Java, if it's not too much trouble, could you write down the different "types" of the phaser, flanger, delay etc? I'm sure alot of people are very curious about those.

phaser - digital mono, digital stereo, script 45, script 90, block 90, classic vibe, stereo 8 stage - plus vibe mode it separate ans can be turned on/off now
flanger - digital mono, digital stereo, analog mono, analog stereo, thru zero, stereo jet - thru-zero is done automatically now, no dry time to mess with
Delay - digital mono, digital stereo, analog mono, analog stereo,mono tape, stereo tape, ping-pong, dual, reverse, sweep, ducking, vintage digital, 2290 w/ mod, ambient stereo
chorus - digital mono, digital stereo, analog mono, analog stereo, japan ce-2, warm stereo, 80s style, triangle, 8-voice stereo

phaser - digital mono, digital stereo, script 45, script 90, block 90, classic vibe, stereo 8 stage - plus vibe mode it separate ans can be turned on/off now
flanger - digital mono, digital stereo, analog mono, analog stereo, thru zero, stereo jet - thru-zero is done automatically now, no dry time to mess with
Delay - digital mono, digital stereo, analog mono, analog stereo,mono tape, stereo tape, ping-pong, dual, reverse, sweep, ducking, vintage digital, 2290 w/ mod, ambient stereo
chorus - digital mono, digital stereo, analog mono, analog stereo, japan ce-2, warm stereo, 80s style, triangle, 8-voice stereo

Really cool! Are those the only effect blocks with types? Are they just pre-set settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom