Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The People: There are too many IRs. I can't decide which ones I like.
Cliff: Here's a decent handful with moveable mics. Make your own custom IRs quickly and easily.
Also the People: We need a couple thousand more cabs and mics! Especially my one of a kind 1967 Pantflapper1000 cab with 8" Heathkit speakers. And the Flugel FML 27 is the best mic for that cab. But it has to be on the other side of the wall. That should be super easy to add.
Cliff: SMH.
Heathkit!! Blast from the past!

My Dad built a Heathkit radio/stereo/Amp in the 60s and I built one with him in the late 70s when I like 5 or 6.

People are wild.
Whether or not it's something that Cliff has enjoyed over the years, the input on this forum and elsewhere (even things that would 100% fall under the heading of simply complaining) have contributed to the forward momentum of the product and more dollars in Fractal's coffers. This isn't a cult where people should be made to feel they can't speak their minds because someone might take their ball and go home. And this thread specifically is a beta thread. Input and even complaints are what beta tests are for. If there's enough people complaining about a certain change to a product then a seller should be thankful for that input, because if they don't pay attention to it it may cost them money or progress in the long run. If there's only a handful of complaints then there's no reason to get bent out of shape about those complaints. It's a win/win situation.

What serves no purpose is the "complaints about the complaints." Unless it's purely for feeding egos those responses literally have no benefit for the furthering of the product. If you don't agree with negative input or complaints, just make a post stating what you do like rather than getting bent out of shape about someone that thinks differently from you.

play some minutes with the actual dynamic mic, the sm57

Open the new fractal bot

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip

Put that in it :

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/22p0/dyna_cabs_alt.zip

Play with the dynamic sm7b now 🕺🏻

Which one do you prefer ?

SM57. It performs here as expected, and does a great job of replicating the performance IRL.

Its all subjective. I suspect if you polled 100 and got 100 replies, it'd be a ~50/~50 split on preference.

The SM7 is fine too, but the 57 gives me the results I expect and have worked with for decades.

It just dawned on me what the deal is......we are not actually beta testers here......Cliff already has beta testers for this stuff.
I think putting this beta up for us to try was more of a "hey, check out this new feature I made...it's what the beta testers are testing" thing,
than it was him wanting a thousand new beta testers. I could be wrong , but it sure might explain why he was upset. shrug.gif

It just dawned on me what the deal is......we are not actually beta testers here......Cliff already has beta testers for this stuff.
I think putting this beta up for us to try was more of a "hey, check out this new feature I made...it's what the beta testers are testing" thing,
than it was him wanting a thousand new beta testers. I could be wrong , but it sure might explain why he was upset. View attachment 118950
Yeah we kinda begged for a taste, and then some people had a food fight with it.

than it was him wanting a thousand new beta testers. I could be wrong , but it sure might explain why he was upset. View attachment 118950
Betas shouldn't be given to people that aren't intended to give input. And plenty of input has been given in the beta threads over the years. So, nah, we're all beta testers, officially or not.

Eggzactly

Lee Daniels Television GIF

than it was him wanting a thousand new beta testers. I could be wrong , but it sure might explain why he was upset.
It's beta software released to us - we are beta testers, to Fractal's benefit since they recieve constructive feedback from the process. If they don't want / need a 2ndary round of beta testing to a wider audience, they'd just go straight to gen release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom