Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recorded a sample for my speaker thump problem on the FAS lead 1
Here's a comparaison between fw 21.00 beta 1 first and then beta 4
It's reamped, with the same preset, only the firmware is changed
Beta 4 is louder, not a big deal, but it has way more sub frequencies
I pushed speaker thump to 10 to be obvious
It doesn't act the same on other amps like recto

I recorded a sample for my speaker thump problem on the FAS lead 1
Here's a comparaison between fw 21.00 beta 1 first and then beta 4
It's reamped, with the same preset, only the firmware is changed
Beta 4 is louder, not a big deal, but it has way more sub frequencies
I pushed speaker thump to 10 to be obvious
It doesn't act the same on other amps like recto

Too be honest the second clip sounded better to my ears
The first more recorded smooth the second was fuller and just more
Punchy and live sounding , which I like but YMMV

@FractalAudio

I'm getting a VERY strange "warble" sound, almost like a "pattern trem" with the Virtual Capo when using it with the AC-20 12AX7 Treble amplifier. Setting Virtual Capo down to -2, tracking on 5. Never had any issues like this before with the Virtual Capo (use it often).

Preset attached.

Attachments

• AC20 Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
The SLO-100 seems to have better note separation/clarity and feel with this beta release, even when overdriven pretty good I can hear the strings better. I haven't played a real one yet (because i'll buy it) but from listening to a few great demos this model is now sounding much closer to how I imagine the real amp to sound. Thanks Cliff and everyone at Fractal for this AMAZING creative tool!

Really digging the Dlux Verb model also with this new firmware. Like the Plexi6CA7 Jumped (and non-jumped), it's just a lot clearer, fuller in the bottom (without being tubby, somehow), glassier/tube-ier, and for lack of a better description, physically present. It's stopped feeling/sounding like a really good model of an amp and really crossed over into feeling/sounding like a real amp.

Can't wait for it to trickle down to the FM9, but in the mean time, I'm working on converting my FX9 only presets, (which I imported into the FX3 with some weirdness in the modifier panes, noted in a "Bug?" post elsewhere) into FX3 only presets at the moment, and figuring out how to lay out the various switches on the FM9 and FC6 to control it (using the FM9 like a sort-of FC9 :D)....

It’s not been checked yet as per Cliff the big heavy amps VH4
Herb Uber are some of the ones remaining
I knoticed a drop in gain and volume on my Herbie 3 as well, matter of fact, 1,and scene 2 do as well…. Right now this is the amp I’m using, it does what I need it to do…

Reactions: mtb
I knoticed a drop in gain and volume on my Herbie 3 as well, matter of fact, 1,and scene 2 do as well…. Right now this is the amp I’m using, it does what I need it to do…
Yeah I hear it now too. There's plenty of gain left on the dial to compensate, but I hope it comes back in the next beeeta. I need my Herbie 3 to roar.

Reactions: mtb
Yeah I hear it now too. There's plenty of gain left on the dial to compensate, but I hope it comes back in the next beeeta. I need my Herbie 3 to roar.
Just turn it up until you hit level you need , I think what got reduced was the compression so now it’s more open sounding and perceived a bit less saturation but it easy as you said to turn it up a notch higher

Just turn it up until you hit level you need , I think what got reduced was the compression so now it’s more open sounding and perceived a bit less saturation but it easy as you said to turn it up a notch higher
Yes, I noticed the same thing with a few amps. Most like me were playing the previous Beta and then did the update and then everything sounded quieter or off. I attribute the new sounds to being less compressed and more open which is awesome. Solution was to just step away for the night and then the next day with fresh ears the BETA 4 sounds really nice to me with a few slight volume/gain compensations on my previous presets. I like the less compressed amp sims with this BETA as I always fought with trying to get rid of the overly compressed sounds that many of the high gain amps had.

also the fender's got way less gain :

5f1 tweed
6GAsuper
6g12
deluxe verb normal
doubleverb normal
siverface
jrblues
superverb
tremololux
vibraking
vibratolux
vibratoverb

they were all set to have a crunchy tone and now they are completely clean, and the clean tone is also very low now . Well all the fenders should be retweaked . dont know if it s normal or if it will change in the final release

also the fender's got way less gain :

5f1 tweed
6GAsuper
6g12
deluxe verb normal
doubleverb normal
siverface
jrblues
superverb
tremololux
vibraking
vibratolux
vibratoverb

they were all set to have a crunchy tone and now they are completely clean, and the clean tone is also very low now . Well all the fenders should be retweaked . dont know if it s normal or if it will change in the final release
With what have you compared this?
For my part, I find that just the Fender and Vox amps have lost in the sensitivity of the play of the strings compared to Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom