Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.08

Fractal Audio is absolutely high on my list of very good things and that latest Matrix obscenity is totally on my list of very horrible things, although fortunately I did not pay to see it :rolleyes:
I have yet to compare the sound of 19.08 with my tried and trusted presets as I have just made a new one with a Plexi for the first time, having just jammed on the presets previously. I have been rewatching some of Circle of Tone's YouTube vids, one of the most interesting Youtubers IMHO, and am applying his research into making presets based on some of my favourite players. In this case with the Plexi I'm going for John Christ's tone on the first Danzig record. I'm having a blast. What a tool kit the Axe is...

Thanks once again Team Fractal
Edit; the video above is Owen Gibbens/Circle of Tone. He researches tones and attempts to reproduce them with analogue kit.

May I inquire as to what Matrix obscenity you're talking about? I've been pretty happy with the Matrix products I have so far but I'm interested in seeing/hearing what this is all about.

i suppose this might be it since i dont see it happening consistently. it's more prevalent right after boot (which is when i often use the tuner) and not so much occurring during regular use

That behavior is to be expected. The processor is doing some housekeeping in the background after launch. After that, it settles down.

May I inquire as to what Matrix obscenity you're talking about? I've been pretty happy with the Matrix products I have so far but I'm interested in seeing/hearing what this is all about.
As stated I was referring to the movie. I haven't used a Matrix guitar power amp but used to use their PA amps. Wonderful products.

Kiiinda' feel like Matrix is overrated tbh. Went through just about every iteration of the GT racks and they were good, but not noticeably better than a SD powerstage. Tried their Gemini FRFRs too ("Studio" 2x12 version, which was supposed to be the end-all), and it was disappointing at best.

Kiiinda' feel like Matrix is overrated tbh. Went through just about every iteration of the GT racks and they were good, but not noticeably better than a SD powerstage. Tried their Gemini FRFRs too ("Studio" 2x12 version, which was supposed to be the end-all), and it was disappointing at best.
I think the Gemini FRFRs were from a different company….maybe Mission Engineering?

Been using my A7X studio monitors mostly as of late, but when I want to crank up the w/d/w system with the CLRs and Marshall cab,
the Matrix GT1000FX sounds stellar. 19.08 is sounding so damn good any way you slice it though!

Last edited:
I have a Matrix GT1000FX and 2 x Matrix CFR12’s and it sounds awesome! I also have a Matrix Elements 10” powered FRFR speaker that I have used at sit in gigs with my AX8 as well, and use at home. Now, however, we just use IEMs, so no speakers or power amps any more on stage, but not selling my Matrix gear - it’s still awesome!

I was somewhat unimpressed with the Matrix FR12, I found it ‘boxy’ no pun intended. But that could just be my taste. I did find it would cut out if it got too hot, which never happened with JBL EONs (which have the opposite problem of being a bit shrill). Wasn’t possible to get CLRs in Australia, so I gave up on stage wedges and went in-ears which I love after the requisite adjustment period.

Thanks for this.. looks like the issues have been rectified and I can upgrade from 19.05 ;)

As always you guys just make the customer service experience more satisfying than any I've experienced in the past.

Back
Top Bottom