Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.08

First I've head of this. Please describe in more detail how to reproduce.
it's like it was reverted back to a few version ago where the needle wasnt moving so smoothly. it was reported to be fixest at some point. i think it was also the case in fm3 and then it was fixed.
i just turn on the tuner after booting the device and the tuner indicator (and more obviously the strobe one) seem like they're "running" in a lower fps

it's like it was reverted back to a few version ago where the needle wasnt moving so smoothly. it was reported to be fixest at some point. i think it was also the case in fm3 and then it was fixed.
i just turn on the tuner after booting the device and the tuner indicator (and more obviously the strobe one) seem like they're "running" in a lower fps
If your CPU usage is high the display may not update as rapidly due to thread starvation. This is especially true right after bootup due to background tasks running.

Backing up now before going to19.08 (I'm at 19.05), but tuner's been weird for a while. For me the needle can be herky jerky but also the indicator for the note is wrong (like it will read "E" when I start tuning D...not sure if it's a lag but it seems to have recognized the string, if that makes any sense). It seems to get right in a second or two, but sometimes I change pickups and that seems to fix it. This has only been an annoyance, and ultimately the tuner has been working--just this weird stuff from time to time.

If your CPU usage is high the display may not update as rapidly due to thread starvation. This is especially true right after bootup due to background tasks running.
i suppose this might be it since i dont see it happening consistently. it's more prevalent right after boot (which is when i often use the tuner) and not so much occurring during regular use

The tuner will go up to pitch and then go way flat quickly on the wrapped strings sometimes. It's just a little giitchy acting
here and there but not terrible. The amps sound great! I can get a cleaner tight chunk on amps I normally don't use because they felt too loose and fizzy/fuzzy. Thank you

The key to me is to get the pedal darker for neck pickup tones, and brighter for bridge ones; it’s sweeping the mods where if they get too high, the neck starts not to sound natural, so I like it darker for that. Then I dial the Plexi by ear until I have nothing but midrange snarl in the bridge; tons of character, maybe a little too much. :) Next I dial up the Speaker Compression to add a little weight and dimension, then I use the Amp Block Output EQ to lower the low mids for clarity, but I balance that by also lowering 2 and 4k so the pick attack doesn’t sound obnoxious. A boost at 1k adds back character to taste. I’ll mildly boost the remaining bands to taste.

These are just starting points for me that can really vary, often that’s where I land. That particular IR though is my absolute favorite. I found out it was shot by MIKKO at ML Sound Labs and released in 2015 in collaboration with Fractal. I feel like that IR is special, because I don’t perceive any reflections from the room in that IR, which I always try to remove in other IRs with length and smoothing haha.
Thank you - that's v helpful!

Sorry for the tangent, but since a few people have been responding about the Brownface Super cab:

For those who have also really liked the Factory Bank 1 #811 cab, it was originally released in 2015 as part of Cab Pack 15. That pack is available now on the Fractal store as part of ML Vintage Combos, which also includes three other packs. My wife just gave me the ML Vintage Combos collection as a gift, so I’m really excited to try it when I get the chance, and I’ll post about it in the IR section of the forum. But I figured, for those who love that one IR as much as I do, there may be many gems in this collection.

Although I grew up playing nothing but thrash, I find that the IRs that hit me the hardest tend to be combos aimed at traditionally non metal tones. Now my tones are often more rock based, and I’ll just EQ for metal when I want. But IRs from 1 x 12 and 2 x 12 combos from really dynamic amps tend to hit the sweet spot for me right now, so everything included in this collection of cab packs is what I’ve been craving.

Back
Top Bottom