FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a more involved question and I can take this to another thread, but what exactly was causing the volume change between 4.1 to 5 and that 5.1 addressed? The reason I ask is, I created some new presets in 5.0 after updating, and now that 5.1 is there to fix whatever happened on the volume situation, those 5.0 presets I made sound different now (not worse, just different) and I'd like to figure out what to change to try to recreate the sound I got in 5.0 on the new 5.1 firmware. Hopefully that makes sense, and I don't think it's just the channel volume because I tried that. I had finally nailed my perfect clean tone inside 5.0 and now I am not sure what dials to change to replicate it in 5.1. :)
As listed in the release notes:
Fixed lower audio output volume from the Amp block when Cathode Follower compression is greater than zero.

As listed in the release notes:

Thanks! I noticed this but a) this doesn't apply to my situation (this is 0.0 on the model impacted) and b) I don't know what to change to change the tone back. I wouldn't expect the tone on 5.0 to 5.1 to change if that was the only fix included (and it didn't apply to my patch here). I get that the tone changes from update to update subtly as things improve/get reworked, but I am a bit stumped how the tone could be as different as it is given what was changed in that update. It's not a question of volume it seems

Now, I'm mostly a bass player but is it just me or is this firmware a lot brighter/harsher than the pre-CNFB? It's definitely noticeable in the factory presets like "the brown sound?. I might go back to beta 1 of FW 5 if I can.

Now, I'm mostly a bass player but is it just me or is this firmware a lot brighter/harsher than the pre-CNFB? It's definitely noticeable in the factory presets like "the brown sound?. I might go back to beta 1 of FW 5 if I can.
yes I am noticing this as well, I got a great suggestion though, put a filter block after the amp, set low pass, then cut the highs to where you like them. It works for now

I think the issue you documented in your thread was not tied to a specific firmware version (if it was you didn't say) and as most commented was most likely due to your speakers.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...eal-power-amp-and-cabinet.181380/post-2222392
well I am on the 5.01 it never came up, and no its not the speakers , as I stated my Rivera Knucklehead and mooer have no issues with the cab, and the solution was a filter low pass high cut after the amp block

well I am on the 5.01 it never came up, and no its not the speakers , as I stated my Rivera Knucklehead and mooer have no issues with the cab, and the solution was a filter low pass high cut after the amp block
Did this problem start for you on 5.01 or was it the same before that?

yes I am noticing this as well, I got a great suggestion though, put a filter block after the amp, set low pass, then cut the highs to where you like them. It works for now
Yeah, I usually do that with the cab block on my own presets (from experience with the helix). I rolled back to beta 1 and there is a definitely a big difference. My FC stopped working so I had to reload 5.01 and reload my FC backup. Thankful that I made one.

The distortion character/texture is a lot brighter across the board, at least in my perception. That may be more accurate to the real thing idk. I think regular cygnus was more pleasing. Just my opinion though.

My main gigging preset just keeps sounding better and better. Atomica High and AC20 with York Audio Marshall 412 Greenback IR AAAAND I've moved from the delay block to the multitap delay block thanks to all the cool new settings inside it. 🤘🤘🤘🤘

I am also observing issues related to the power amp modelling similar to what others have described in this thread. With the presence control on the amp block (model: 1959SLP Treble) set below ~2, I'm noticing notes cutting in and out after they've had some time to decay. The issue disappears when I disable power amp modelling.

I've attached the preset and audio clip to illustrate the issue. Repro: load the attached preset and lower the presence in the amp block to 0.
Verified and will be fixed for next firmware release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom