FM3 Firmware Version 5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update!

Somehow all my high-gain presets sounds really raw and a bit thin and need tweaking but I kinda like the new sound!

Last edited:
That's one chunky update. Lots to wrap my head around, but wanted to mention two personal highlights from that whole feature list.

New “Types” within the Flanger, Plex Delay, and Multitap Delay blocks provide instant access to exciting effect settings without the need to adjust or understand advanced parameters. Special thanks to Leon Todd, Simeon Harris and Cooper Carter for some of the new effect type contributions.
I'm not sure if these types in the Plex Delay block are new (honestly haven't checked since setting up my presets, so they're new to me at least), but I'm really liking the Golden Delay, Helium Shimmer, and particularly the Reverse Plex. Very useful additions for me, so thanks!

New “S-Taper” option in the Volume Block allows new and improved “Auto-Swell” sounds.
This one's very smooth, liking it a lot. Instant addition to my presets using auto-swells. :)

since i upgraded to 5.0 all the clean scenes sound very distorted, i can't find the problem, anyone else?
Yes. The drive setting in the Cab’s preamp block was way higher (and clipping heavily) after the 5.0 update. Just adjusting the drive to not clip fixed it for me. I was pretty freaked out that it was broken for a minute there though. :)

-Aaron

Last edited:
This may have been covered somewhere but if it has I missed it.

Has the recent update updated MIDI functionality? Specifically, I’d like to trigger Control Switches using a MIDI controller. I did try it last year but soon discovered that the functionality wasn’t implemented although there was some talk of a FW update addressing this. It isn’t a big deal but if it’s there, I’d like to try it.

This is a big overhaul...thanks FAS.
I am wondering now if I need to approach, rebuild all presets. Are new Factories on the way perhaps ? That would be the push to do this :)

I have just updated from 5.1 beta to 5.0 and my FM3 is frozen. Doesn't communicate with the Editor on my Mac or react to pressing any of the buttons on the unit. The beta worked just fine but now it's unusable.

I have just updated from 5.1 beta to 5.0 and my FM3 is frozen. Doesn't communicate with the Editor on my Mac or react to pressing any of the buttons on the unit. The beta worked just fine but now it's unusable.
Are you using the newest editor? The final 5.0 has a new dedicated editor, the Beta ones do not work with it.

I’ve noticed update all presets utility is not working. When i hit a nothing happens
@Admin M@
@rglr
Strange, it works here as it should.

All in all everything works really well on 5.0, and the sounds continue to blow me away. Many thanks FAS for making an already great piece of gear even better!

I did the upgrade to firmware 5.0 and don't see the FAS Buttery setting. any suggestions? I did refresh the edit program? Nevermind, I found it. I was looking in the presets and not the amp list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom