FM3 Firmware Version 5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great update! Everything sounds fantastic. Only tweak I had to make was to raise the volume a bit on all presets.
Do you mean the level in the preset, or the output knob? Because I also had to slightly turn up the output knob, but didn't think too much about it since it's possible I bumped it by accident or some such thing. I tend to level my presets to the red line in the meters, and that hasn't changed, just the output volume. Not really a problem what so ever, just one of those interesting things.

Experiencing a slight volume drop with the 5.0 firmware as well. I like the tighter low-end I am
also hearing/feeling. That said, I tend to be one of those guys who likes the bass to be with the
bass. :)

Do you mean the level in the preset, or the output knob? Because I also had to slightly turn up the output knob, but didn't think too much about it since it's possible I bumped it by accident or some such thing. I tend to level my presets to the red line in the meters, and that hasn't changed, just the output volume. Not really a problem what so ever, just one of those interesting things.
The level in the preset. They were at the red line in 4.01 but were a bit below in 5.0. Not a big deal for me to adjust. I did not need to make any adjustments to the output knob.

Reactions: J-V
I think I figured it out. If I set the Cathode Follower Compression to anything over 0 it knocks the gain way down. Setting it to 0 and it is back to (almost) normal. Seems like something didn’t convert this setting correctly when updating to the new firmware. Just FYI for the dev crew. This is with the Class A 30W AC30 model Going from release 5b1 to the née 5.0.

View attachment 96112
Note that only the AC-30 Top Boost(s) have a Cathode Follower, the non-Top Boosts do not (so the control should be "0" etc).

I just updated, I’ve always been a late starter. Backed-up of course but I seem to have an even bigger pause when switching presets. This doesn’t bother me much but it also applies to changing scenes which of course does. Should I do anything else?updating blocks or other settings?

I just updated, I’ve always been a late starter. Backed-up of course but I seem to have an even bigger pause when switching presets. This doesn’t bother me much but it also applies to changing scenes which of course does. Should I do anything else?updating blocks or other settings?
Is FM3-Edit running when you're changing scenes?

I saw another person saying the presets (and scenes) are switching slow. I can’t say for sure if my experience is faster because I never bothered to test them, but they certainly are not slower. I can’t really imagine the preset and scene switching being any faster. It’s so weird some of these anomalies/bugs some are having. Many seem to be almost polar opposites from my experience. So far, at least….

I wish I had an answer for you. Other than trying a reinstall of the F/W. It seems like that has solved some people’s problems. Also like mentioned upload a preset if it seems to vary from one preset to another.

I also had to slightly turn up the output knob, but didn't think too much about it since it's possible I bumped it by accident or some such thing. I tend to level my presets to the red line in the meters, and that hasn't changed, just the output volume.
Same here. After upgrading I had to increase the volume also, so overall output seem lower to me. Now OUT1 is on max, and my scarlet interface volume at noon. On quieter patches I have to adjust even futher.

Can I just say how stunning FAS Buttery is? Dude. This is probably old news for you guys/ladies that had Fractal stuff prior to the FM3. But damn, this is nuts. Like, I need the Buttery and then maybe the BandCommander for cleans, and that's about it. I mean, obviously I still tinker with all the other shit, but this is such a damn legit amp model. When it's not actually an amp model, per se. :D
My go to since day one on the IIXL

Is this the proper thread to report bugs associated with the new firmware update 5.0?

I'd like to let the administrators of this forum know, or anyone really, the bug(s) my personal FM3 device is now experiencing after the new update to firmware 5.0.

First and foremost, this is the first concern I have had with the device after more than a year of home use only. When powering the device on, occasionally the FM3 will now not fully load past the initial loading screen. 2 times out of a handful of many the past few days the device freezes, and I have to turn off the power and turn it on.

Thankfully it moves along, and I can use the device but this not loading past the initial FM3 cygnus modeling screen is new to me and also concerns me.

So I am reaching out for help

Would like to pass these minimal technical details along in hopes no one is experiencing the same technical issue and/or if they are...maybe some of the higher up's will be appropriately notified.

Thanks for all you guys do!

a humble fractal user

Is this the proper thread to report bugs associated with the new firmware update 5.0?

I'd like to let the administrators of this forum know, or anyone really, the bug(s) my personal FM3 device is now experiencing after the new update to firmware 5.0.

First and foremost, this is the first concern I have had with the device after more than a year of home use only. When powering the device on, occasionally the FM3 will now not fully load past the initial loading screen. 2 times out of a handful of many the past few days the device freezes, and I have to turn off the power and turn it on.

Thankfully it moves along, and I can use the device but this not loading past the initial FM3 cygnus modeling screen is new to me and also concerns me.

Would like to pass these minimal technical details along in hopes no one is experiencing the same technical issue and/or if they are...maybe some of the higher up's will be appropriately notified.

a humble fractal user
There’s a forum for reporting bugs:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/fm3-bugs.130/

The new delay types in 5.0 inside the multi tap delay block are awesome. I wasn’t utilizing the block before, but I’ve updated several of my presets using it now.

a humble fractal
Do you keep the usb cable connected when booting up? If yes, try disconnecting. Shot in the dark I know…

Sean Meredith-Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom