FM3 Firmware Version 5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experiencing an issue here: The amp block in firmware 5 now has a high frequency noise, trailing the sustain of bass heavy signals. A low E on the bass has this swooshing noise added to it. It’s in the amp block, and goes away when I turn off the Power Amp modeling. I can also get it (mostly) to go away by setting the HPF in the amp block -> Input EQ really high.

I saw yesterday there are more power tube types available. I don’t recall seeing that in the release notes. Last week I was running the beta and there were less tubes available.

Installed 5.0

As a high volume “Power Amp & 4-12 cab guy” I always used a PEQ Block to High/Low cut, it seems with the new firmware the Low Cut isn’t necessary anymore.

Seems “clearer” as well.

The double tap Edit on the unit to move to previous block is money!! Makes editing much faster. As is double tapping home to get to layout (would be nice to land in the zoomed out view by default but not sweating hitting Zoom as an extra step).

Reactions: J-V
Do you keep the usb cable connected when booting up? If yes, try disconnecting. Shot in the dark I know…

Sean Meredith-Jones
I keep it connected. Same thing happened this morning upon powering up. I've yet to move the original post to the correct forum but briefly saw it was an issue with other people in earlier firmware. I dont know. I guess ill try disconnecting the USB cable. Thanks for the tip though.

As is double tapping home to get to layout (would be nice to land in the zoomed out view by default but not sweating hitting Zoom as an extra step).
The bolded part is pretty much the only thing missing for me at the moment, but like you said, not a big deal to hit Zoom to get there.

Experiencing an issue here: The amp block in firmware 5 now has a high frequency noise, trailing the sustain of bass heavy signals. A low E on the bass has this swooshing noise added to it. It’s in the amp block, and goes away when I turn off the Power Amp modeling. I can also get it (mostly) to go away by setting the HPF in the amp block -> Input EQ really high.

Hi,
you dont write which amp modell you use, also if you upload your preset would be helpful.
I can imagine you hear the crossover distortion of the power tubes, which is more or less intensive, depending on the amp modell. Or maybe you use an active Instrument with an empty battery?

Hi,
you dont write which amp modell you use, also if you upload your preset would be helpful.
I can imagine you hear the crossover distortion of the power tubes, which is more or less intensive, depending on the amp modell. Or maybe you use an active Instrument with an empty battery?
Hi!
The sound is quite like what you’d expect from a dying battery! :) This is great, because it means that I’ve been able to communicate the problem concisely! :) The battery is fine, and the issue disappears when bypassing the power amp modeling. PortaBass model, SVT model and the HiWatt. Probably all of them‚ TBH. I’ll see if I an upload the preset, but it’s nothing special and worked perfectly under FW 3.8 and 4.1.

Hi!
The sound is quite like what you’d expect from a dying battery! :) This is great, because it means that I’ve been able to communicate the problem concisely! :) The battery is fine, and the issue disappears when bypassing the power amp modeling. PortaBass model, SVT model and the HiWatt. Probably all of them‚ TBH. I’ll see if I an upload the preset, but it’s nothing special and worked perfectly under FW 3.8 and 4.1.
We have fixed the problem and a new firmware will be available shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom