Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.00

The sound himself is random in the video, I ve turn 2 buttons just to have a “high gain sound” the thing that matter here is to see what does the firmware to a 18.03 preset without touching nothing . I f I remember I don’t even touch the eq button in the recto , just pump up the gain , levelled … but yeah I think the difference is pretty clear here between both firmware. The 19 is angry 🤟🏻😅
exactly how it should be angry is good. angry is powerful.!
Btw do you use a translator or thats how you talk "the sound himself" my italian / french/german friends generally tend to assign gender to everything. Always pleasant to speak to them though haha,

i see. thanks, i dont need one for myself. but i always wonder if some of my European friends translate text and then use it 1:1( as they always address everything with gender) or they actually speak English in that manner.
I’m trying to think in english and write it that way.

It would be total mess if I translate my slovakian language to english word by word 😅

I speak both french and Italian, and understand German pretty well .
Yes I can read books in English, movies … I understand it well but when it’s my turn to talk or write hm . I “learned” English with lyrics and video games so 🤣.
For what it's worth, I've ready many of your posts across this site. Never thought that English WASN'T your primary language. I know many people that only speak English that don't write as well as you do!

I installed FW 19 last night. I built one preset with the Marshall 50 Watt 6550 amp. As others have said, the high frequencies sound much better. I found it much easier to dial in a great tone. I play my AXE through a Matrix PA and traditional guitar cabs.

Thank you Cliff and Team!

Recordings and a/b test destroys a lot of rabbit holes and beliefs . How many time I ve heard “no I prefer maple neck, more bright “ blabla . The day you will recognize à maple neck or a rosewood in a recording 🙄. Same for pickups , there is a video where one guy demos maybe 10 different humbuckers and the difference is so light … same with 10 heads in the same cab. You have more difference in sound with 1 head with 10 cabs … some guys spend a fortune in tubes but if really they record their sound after the tube change and got the same difference than in the axe, imagine the désillusion 😅. Better buying tablatures and strings guys 😅.
Hold on: I agree most guitarists overplay minor differences but saying that it doesn't matter if you can't tell in a recording doesn't work logically.

There can be a difference and you still can be unable to identify a maple vs rosewood fretboard, but the wood will have an effect on the overall tone of the guitar as it acts as a filter. The same guitar with different wood will sound differently (slightly) but the issue is further compounded by two factors:

1. Wood variability in the same specie
2. How much wood suppliers lie about which wood is what they just sold you

Back
Top Bottom