Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.00

Not sure if this is a bug, maybe an Axe-Edit issue, but when I copy a block with multiple modifiers tied to various things/channels and paste it back into the preset not all of the modifiers are copied/pasted. Specifically saw this with the pitch blocks.

On my phone rn, but I'll see about posting a preset.

Anyone notice any odd behavior with the mixer block? I have two rows set in the mixer controlled by expression pedal to use one or the other I notice some bleed from one chain the has a flanger in the other row that does not. Wasn't an issue in 18.0.3 but I noticed it on 19. Just thought I would mention it.
I use a couple mixer blocks in most of my presets with expression pedals on the row gains - just tested - no bleed. Sometimes I get this when my expression pedal is not totally calibrated - make sure its going all the way down to 0.

Getting a lot of noise here using P90s right next to my computer and Axe-FX.
I don’t know if you’ve had this issue before, but I’d have the same thing if using my PRS with P90’s or Fenders, especially with a fair amount of gain.
But, it mostly all goes away if I face away from my FR’s and computer. Single coils get noisy near amps, computers, light dimmers, electric motors.. etc
I haven’t tested the new firmware yet as I just grabbed it before work. Last on 18.3

Mud's first English words: Finish him! :D

"Thank you, Mud! But our Firmware Update is on another Friday."
mario-princess-another-castle.jpg

SOON 19-01
Mud x 3
:p

Is the Sonic Drive defaulting to the correct input impedance? In the unit it's defaulting to 1M, but from what I can tell online, the real one is actually 500K. I know sometimes there are different versions of a box where the input impedance changes, so I don't know for sure.

Is the Sonic Drive defaulting to the correct input impedance? In the unit it's defaulting to 1M, but from what I can tell online, the real one is actually 500K. I know sometimes there are different versions of a box where the input impedance changes, so I don't know for sure.
Check the list of Input Impedance options. I don't think there's a value closer...

I've been using FAS since 2012 and over the years my main amp has changed numerous times. The last couple of years I've been stuck on the USA Pre LD2 yellow but with this new firmware I've created so many killer presets with amps I've never been able to jive with before. I love it! Now I just have to decide on which one for my main rig! Thanks again Cliff and Co.
P.S. I hope this makes it to the FM9 so I can use it live or else I'll have to drag the Axe-FxIII back out of the studio and start gigging with it again!

I've been using FAS since 2012 and over the years my main amp has changed numerous times. The last couple of years I've been stuck on the USA Pre LD2 yellow but with this new firmware I've created so many killer presets with amps I've never been able to jive with before. I love it! Now I just have to decide on which one for my main rig! Thanks again Cliff and Co.
P.S. I hope this makes it to the FM9 so I can use it live or else I'll have to drag the Axe-FxIII back out of the studio and start gigging with it again!

That’s the pure magic of it to me, finding amps to love that you never thought you’d like.

Potential bug: When I play through either the Legend 100 I or II, these three speaker impedance curves cause the sound to muffle completely with a low frequency sound:

1x12 Dirty Shirley EV12L
4x12 Hipower
4x12 Rumble

I'm wrong. I'm just wrong. Here's the skinny:

So I looked into this. I'm pretty sure the real amp would do the same thing. What is happening is the power amp is oscillating at that very low frequency cabinet resonance. This occurs because the Legacy has so much negative feedback (12 dB, which is the highest of any amp I've ever modeled). Combined with the smallish output transformer there is a loss of phase margin at low frequencies which causes the power amp to become unstable.

The Rumble cab is unique in that it is ported and has two different types of speakers in it. This causes a double resonance and one of the resonances is at a very low frequency. For typical power amps with reasonable amounts of feedback this isn't an issue.

You can stabilize the power amp by reducing the Transformer LF. This will improve the phase margin and increase stability. Another solution is to reduce Cabinet Resonance but that will change the tone a bit.

Whenever you have negative feedback you run the risk of instability. Highpass and lowpass filters introduce phase shift which reduces phase margin. Combine that with a strong resonance and the system can become unstable.

What I found is that lowering the Transformer LF works with the Rumble 4x12, but with the Dirty Shirley, 1x12 USA and HiWatt, you need to raise it.

Back
Top Bottom