FM9 Case?

93E27358-D50A-4237-B082-030ACDFC549A.jpegC280844B-C63B-4108-BFA4-708CD9B5C7B6.jpeg

I just purchased the Gator Helix roll case based on the recommendations here. As you can see, it is nearly a perfect fit for the FM9 and an EV-1. I highly recommend this case.

This package is 26.8 pounds in total. That is about half the weight of my Axe-FX III / power conditioner / rack case and that doesn’t even take into account the weight of my floor board with the FC-6 and expression pedals. This is going to make load in /out super easy.

View attachment 91216View attachment 91215

I just purchased the Gator Helix roll case based on the recommendations here. As you can see, it is nearly a perfect fit for the FM9 and an EV-1. I highly recommend this case.

This package is 26.8 pounds in total. That is about half the weight of my Axe-FX III / power conditioner / rack case and that doesn’t even take into account the weight of my floor board with the FC-6 and expression pedals. This is going to make load in /out super easy.
That’s pretty sweet!

I wound up getting the D'Addario Backline backpack.

20211103_152419.jpg

It's a general-purpose gig bag, designed to hold cables, mics, pedals, power, and all the odds and ends that you always seem to need at a live gig. To make it fit the FM9, you first have to rip the guts out of it. No worries — it's just one zipper and a bunch of Velcro. (But hold on to those guts. If you ever decide to return the bag to its original purpose — which is very cleverly executed — you'll want those guts nearby.)

20211103_153555.jpg

Looking in through the top of the case, you'll see my FM9 and a full-size EV-1 expression pedal.

20211103_152523.jpg

Looking in at the bottom, you'll see the other end of my FM9, a power cord, a spare power cord, and two EV-2 expression pedals. So I've got the FM9 and three expression pedals in the main compartment (I'd have four expression pedals, if I went all EV-2).

20211103_152658.jpg

Looking further up the bag, there's a spot for strings, picks, a tuner, and some tools.

20211103_152847.jpg

Behind that is a home for my wireless receiver and transmitter, and my in-ears.

20211103_152856.jpg

In the back, behind the shoulder pads, I have a laptop, a tablet, music, and (hidden behind the back flap) both primary and spare cables.

20211103_153253.jpg

Two more side pockets carry a wealth of additional crap. And as you can see in the top photo, there are straps on either side where you can attach mic stands or guitar stands.

Construction is on par with my Mono 365 bag that's carried my FX8, AX8, FC-6 and FM3 for years — thin but dense closed-cell foam in a tightly-woven nylon shell. Zippers are heavy duty, with rubber seals that close over them to keep the rain and snow out.

With this bag on my back and a guitar case in my hand, I'm good to go in one trip. It's only been out to one show so far. I hope I'm still as pleased with it in a year or two as I am right now.

Last edited:

View attachment 91220

It's a general-purpose gig bag, designed to hold cables, mics, pedals, power, and all the odds and ends that you always seem to need at a live gig. To make it fit the FM9, you first have to rip the guts out of it. No worries — it's just one zipper and a bunch of Velcro. (But hold on to those guts. If you ever decide to return the bag to its original purpose — which is very cleverly executed — you'll want those guts nearby.)

View attachment 91221

Looking in through the top of the case, you'll see my FM9 and a full-size EV-1 expression pedal.

View attachment 91222

Looking in at the bottom, you'll see the other end of my FM9, a power cord, a spare power cord, and two EV-2 expression pedals. So I've got the FM9 and three expression pedals in the main compartment (I'd have four expression pedals, if I went all EV-2).

View attachment 91223

Looking further up the bag, there's a spot for strings, picks, a tuner, and some tools.

View attachment 91225

View attachment 91226

In the back, behind the shoulder pads, I have a laptop, a tablet, music, and (hidden behind the back flap) both primary and spare cables.

View attachment 91227

Two more side pockets carry a wealth of additional crap. And as you can see in the top photo, there are straps on either side where you can attach mic stands or guitar stands.

Construction is on par with my Mono 365 bag that's carried my FX8, AX8, FC-6 and FM3 for years — thin but dense closed-cell foam in a tightly-woven nylon shell. Zippers are heavy duty, with rubber seals that close over them to keep the rain and snow out.

With this bag on my back and a guitar case in my hand, I'm good to go in one trip. It's only been out to one show so far. I hope I'm still as pleased with it in a year or two as I am right now.
On par with the 365 is saying a lot! I have a 365 and love it. I tried to have my bass player buy this bag because it seemed cool when I looked into it. I bet a lot of guys will buy one now that you posted this.

Reactions: Rex

View attachment 91220

View attachment 91221

View attachment 91222

View attachment 91223

View attachment 91225

View attachment 91226

View attachment 91227

Exactly what I’ve been wanting. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Rex
I can not do soft cases! If you need a good hard case go to roadcases.com, custom sizes available!!

pedalcase3_8__60901.1351865088.JPG

On par with the 365 is saying a lot! I have a 365 and love it. I tried to have my bass player buy this bag because it seemed cool when I looked into it. I bet a lot of guys will buy one now that you posted this.
Yeah, the construction inspires confidence.

Okay - so I got the Pedaltrain ”Premium Soft Case” for the Metro 24 (PT-M24-PSC-X). And it is awesome!! Perfect size for the FM9 and my expression pedal. Plenty of room for cables and what not in the pockets on front. SUPER THICK padding everywhere - very structured and padded, and I love the backpack format. This is a keeper for sure!!

See pics below (excuse my curious cavaliers in the picture, LOL).

BC78048-D-8-A08-4-A8-B-ACE7-6-E4-C0-AB833-F1.jpg

Last edited:
Okay - so I got the Pedaltrain ”Premium Soft Case” for the Metro 24 (PT-M24-PSC-X). And it is awesome!! Perfect size for the FM9 and my expression pedal. Plenty of room for cables and what not in the pockets on front. SUPER THICK padding everywhere - very structured and padded, and I love the backpack format. This is a keeper for sure!!

Dang! I love that D’Addario backpack above but for $150, this might be my new winner. Thanks for the pics.

Now thats a good option. I might go for that if i dont mount it to my old classic 2 pedaltrain.

Ordered!

I currently have the Fm9 mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 24, so my volume pedal and wireless are all in one place and permanently connected. It no longer fits in the rolling suitcase I was using. Any options other than the temple softcase at $70?

BC78048-D-8-A08-4-A8-B-ACE7-6-E4-C0-AB833-F1.jpg
Your dogs are adorable. :) We also have a cavalier.

This should mean that the cheaper case they make for the Metro 24 should be similarly sized, internally. So if you want an $80 solution there's this: https://pedaltrain.com/products/pedaltrain-deluxe-mx-soft-case-for-metro-24

Not nearly as nice, but still decent.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Your dogs are adorable. :) We also have a cavalier.

This should mean that the cheaper case they make for the Metro 24 should be similarly sized, internally. So if you want an $80 solution there's this: {LINK REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS TRIPPING SPAM FILTER}

Not nearly as nice, but still decent.

I would double check the dimensions on this.. internal dimensions are 24x8x3” and according to the wiki the FM9 is 20.2x9.2x3.5”

Meaning that case is both too short and too narrow, right?

I would double check the dimensions on this.. internal dimensions are 24x8x3” and according to the wiki the FM9 is 20.2x9.2x3.5”

Meaning that case is both too short and too narrow, right?
Oh. Hmm. Yea, you know I just saw case for Metro 24 and jumped to that conclusion. Good point!

Back
Top Bottom