FM9 Case?

OK you cheap-ass muthapluckers (said with love), this cheapskate has a couple more solutions for yas:

Roadrunner Pedalboard bag ($49.99 @ GC)
Snug, but no too snug. Fits FM9 and 2 Dunlop mini exp. pedals. Not very deep, you can press down on the encoders when the bag is closed ( but closing the bag in itself DOES NOT press down). Padding is, well... worth what I spent.
IMG_20211025_155500.jpg
IMG_20211025_155527_edit_157752115077248.jpg

And an even better solution, if you can find it:
Old BOSS GT5 bag. This is perfect, my Dunlop pedals / cables fit in the deep front pocket, and the padding on this bag is on another level. I don't think the current Boss bags are nearly as well-padded.
IMG_20211025_155759.jpg
IMG_20211025_155727.jpg

OK you cheap-ass muthapluckers (said with love), this cheapskate has a couple more solutions for yas:

Snug, but no too snug. Fits FM9 and 2 Dunlop mini exp. pedals. Not very deep, you can press down on the encoders when the bag is closed ( but closing the bag in itself DOES NOT press down). Padding is, well... worth what I spent.
View attachment 90847
View attachment 90848

Old BOSS GT5 bag. This is perfect, my Dunlop pedals / cables fit in the deep front pocket, and the padding on this bag is on another level. I don't think the current Boss bags are nearly as well-padded.
View attachment 90850
View attachment 90851
I dig that Boss GT-5 bag for the aesthetics and the fit! :D

View attachment 90847
View attachment 90848

View attachment 90850
View attachment 90851
The real question is, how long with the protective film last on your displays? I like to see how many years it takes for them to fall off of my processors. 🤣

I bought this one from sweetwater, as they had a demo unit for $60. No FM9 though so I cannot comment on the suitability yet.

Should fit snug but not too snug. Likely not much room for pedals, even in the front.

SKB 1SKB-SC2311 Keyboard Soft Case

460E3898-BA68-4135-9C94-0F364F38ECB3.jpeg

Update - good and bad news.

I received the “Pedaltrain Premium Soft Case for Metro 16, Metro 20, or Mini”.
  • the GOOD: Love the build quality, padding, backpack style, etc. Awesome bag.
  • the BAD: It’s just a little bit too small. Yes, if you really forced it, you could make it fit. But it’s a bit too tight for my preference.

Pics below…

By the way - I bought this online from Guitar Effects Pedals and they just let me know they don’t accept returns on any Pedaltrain products, even cases. So stupid. Won’t be shopping there again…

So if anyone needs one of these for some other purpose let me know.

• the BAD: It’s just a little bit too small. Yes, if you really forced it, you could make it fit. But it’s a bit too tight for my preference.

Pics below…

I wonder if that's the same case I have:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-case.176183/post-2165837

What are the dimensions of your case? Mine is a snug fit, but the FM9 definitely fits in the case.

I wonder if that's the same case I have:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-case.176183/post-2165837

What are the dimensions of your case? Mine is a snug fit, but the FM9 definitely fits in the case.
I think it's the same case. I bought it because of your post, LOL.

Outside is 22.75" x 12". Inside dimensions are 20.5" x 9" in the widest part but the ends taper to around 8.5". I can force it in if I have to, but it's definitely not easy, and I feel like the zippers will rub on the corners if I try to zip it up...

I think it's the same case. I bought it because of your post, LOL.

Outside is 22.75" x 12". Inside dimensions are 20.5" x 9" in the widest part but the ends taper to around 8.5". I can force it in if I have to, but it's definitely not easy, and I feel like the zippers will rub on the corners if I try to zip it up...
I'm so sorry about that! I just checked the fit of my case again, and the FM9 fits easily in the case except at the top, where the case tapers slightly. I just pull the sides back a bit, and it fits in. The case zips up easily, and it looks like the zipper doesn't touch the edges of the unit. You might give it another try and see it it could work for you.IMG_20211026_143538761.jpg

Pics below…

interesting. Is your bag not long enough? wouldn't getting the pedaltrain bag for their metro 24 solve that problem, as it's the same thing but longer?

I'm so sorry about that! I just checked the fit of my case again, and the FM9 fits easily in the case except at the top, where the case tapers slightly. I just pull the sides back a bit, and it fits in. The case zips up easily, and it looks like the zipper doesn't touch the edges of the unit. You might give it another try and see it it could work for you.
great to hear! this is the one that I'm considering getting, because it seems to fit just right with no wiggle room. do you think the buttons being pressed is a problem though?

I'm so sorry about that! I just checked the fit of my case again, and the FM9 fits easily in the case except at the top, where the case tapers slightly. I just pull the sides back a bit, and it fits in. The case zips up easily, and it looks like the zipper doesn't touch the edges of the unit. You might give it another try and see it it could work for you.View attachment 90878

Pics below…

I'm so sorry about that! I just checked the fit of my case again, and the FM9 fits easily in the case except at the top, where the case tapers slightly. I just pull the sides back a bit, and it fits in. The case zips up easily, and it looks like the zipper doesn't touch the edges of the unit. You might give it another try and see it it could work for you.View attachment 90878
Do the bags have any tag inside or anything else? I think we all guest them bag for Metro 20 was the right bag and would work but fireproof bag almost looks like the nano + bag

interesting. Is your bag not long enough? wouldn't getting the pedaltrain bag for their metro 24 solve that problem, as it's the same thing but longer?
Yeah, I’m considering trying the 24”. I did like all other aspects of it. But I might wait to see if anyone finds any other creative options People might post here.

Do the bags have any tag inside or anything else? I think we all guest them bag for Metro 20 was the right bag and would work but fireproof bag almost looks like the nano + bag
No, but this was printed on the side of the box: Model: PT-M20-PSC-X

If someone else wants to give it a try and see if they find different, be sure and report here. Just don’t buy it from “Guitar Effects Pedals” because they don’t allow returns.

But if you look at my 2nd pic above - once I get the FM9 in flushed with the bottom, the corners still overlap the corners of the bag…

There's no tag or any model information anywhere in or on the bag, other than the Pedaltrain logo on the front. It seems like the measurements of his case and mine are very similar, though.

great to hear! this is the one that I'm considering getting, because it seems to fit just right with no wiggle room. do you think the buttons being pressed is a problem though?
I don't like that the buttons are being pressed, but I don't know if that's a problem or not. They're not being smashed down, just pressed. I can hear the click when I close the bag. If it's possible for you to check the case out in person before you buy one, that would help. I would hate to see someone else get a case that's too small, especially if the store doesn't allow returns.

Headrush bag fits my fm3 and fc6. Should fit the fm9 fine
How you liking the FM9 with the headrush bag?

I was going to go the pedal board / bag route, but I have come to the conclusion I prefer the FM9 flat on the ground. Would love a bag that would fit the FM9, expression pedal, chords and various other accesorries but dont want to spend an arm and a leg

Back
Top Bottom