Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
English in its earliest forms was nearly indistinguishable from ancient Germanic tribal languages. The Angles are thought to be composed of native Angles and invading Germans and Vikings. Eventually, latin was infused, and with the help of Shakespeare, it became (what I consider) the greatest of all languages in the Western world - mostly because of its derivations being from everything (German, Latin, Frankish, Norse, etc)... that is an overly concise look at the linguistic profile, but @Joe Bfstplk already nailed it, not to steal his thunder, but it just popped out of interest to me so I thought I'd throw 2 cents along with Hapless.

BTW, Does all of the rigs that I purchased like from Austin Buddy automatically "update" as per the algorithm, but remain "unchanged' as a preset? is that clear?

I wanted to wait until the full release to try Cygnus out but after backing up last night and installing the beta... wow.

I usually use the Triaxis models so started with them, and even just the presence controls now working as they do in the real unit made a huge difference. I actually had a heavily modified Triaxis saved in my library that sounded perfect with the old firmware, but in Cygnus I found myself undoing all the mods and the stock Triaxis sounding way better. I’m very impressed!

What’s more, I always found the Rectifier models inauthentic to the real thing. I like the sound of a real Recto but always thought the models sounded totally wrong, but with Cygnus they get exactly what I hear from the real heads. This firmware made me enjoy playing a Rectifier again. I started building a preset at about 5pm and the next thing I knew it was 2am, and I don’t really know what bigger compliment there is than that.
That is awesome - Are you talking about the Mesa Rigs like Recto2 Org Modern? etc?

... One more question on soft reset , as I use «authentic » mode , if I do a soft reset by switching to an other amp before going back I will loose my basic settings but will be sure that all the modifications due to the Firmware will be present ....
why I m wondering is ... if I don’t save a preset after a soft reset if I switch to an other one before going back to it ... the preset will be same as it was in previous firmware..
Am I right..??? Or totally lost ... :) ;)

If you adjust something in a preset and don't save it, you'll lose it when switching presets. This includes changes params because of a block reset.

If you adjust something in a preset and don't save it, you'll lose it when switching presets. This includes changes params because of a block reset.
Thanks Yek
Maybe I did not express myself in the right way ...
I try to reformulate my question in good English so as to have the answer I m searching for ...
After having done a soft after installing Cygnus ... for example :) ... , if you don t save the preset and go back later , the preset will like it was in 15.01 , without the modifications of Cygnus ...??
Thanks ...

Thanks Yek
Maybe I did not express myself in the right way ...
I try to reformulate my question in good English so as to have the answer I m searching for ...
After having done a soft after installing Cygnus ... for example :) ... , if you don t save the preset and go back later , the preset will like it was in 15.01 , without the modifications of Cygnus ...??
Thanks ...

When you are installing new firmware with major changes to amp modeling algorithms, (like Cygnus), all amp models will be automatically affected by those changes. Those changes happen "under the hood", and automatically. The amp models will not be the same as in "15", even if you don't change their parameters.

When you are installing new firmware with major changes to amp modeling algorithms, (like Cygnus), all amp models will be automatically affected by those changes. Those changes happen "under the hood", and automatically. The amp models will not be the same as in "15", even if you don't change their parameters.
Yes , I ve seen, feel it when I ve installed the Beta.
I wanted to be sure to have understand clearly what means ... a soft reset .
To resume ... if you do a soft reset after installing a new firmware , this will give you all advance parameters to the new Firmware values , but current parameters like BMT will be to stock settings ... as I m in « authentic mode » and will need to be réajusted .
Won t bother you anymore with this Yek :) ;)
Thanks ....

The sound of your presets won't be the same, because the way the amp models sound in Cygnus has changed.

The settings in your presets won't change unless you change them, manually or with soft or full reset, and if you do change them, those changes only stick for next time if you save the preset.

Make sense?

The sound of your presets won't be the same, because the way the amp models sound in Cygnus has changed.

The settings in your presets won't change unless you change them, manually or with soft or full reset, and if you do change them, those changes only stick for next time if you save the preset.

Make sense?
Thanks Dave ,
That s make sense , I think I m on the right way ...
But a soft reset is needed to be sure that all parameters are set according to the new firmware ??
This is something I read quite a few times I think ....
This forum makes me improve my English :)
but sometimes even in French it would difficult tu understand all the nuances ...

Thanks Dave ,
That s make sense , I think I m on the right way ...
But a soft reset is needed to be sure that all parameters are set according to the new firmware ??
This is something I read quite a few times I think ....
This forum makes me improve my English :)
but sometimes even in French it would difficult tu understand all the nuances ...
Entre les deux, nous pouvons le faire....

Between the two, we can do it....

For me, the difficulty is that the ‘named’ amps are familiar. The FAS models are a bit of a mystery. For example, because of these posts, I skimmed the wiki and I was surprised to learn the ‘FAS Crunch’ is an idealized Plexi. That wouldn’t have been my first guess (or even in the top 5) based on the name. Maybe some additional official info could help people discover these models? Maybe it’s already out there and I just missed it?
Have a look at rossipedia's post...it should clear up what the FAS amps are all about.
Axe-Fx III Amp Model List | Page 2 | Fractal Audio Systems Forum

If you haven't tried the CCV yet, DO IT

I played around with the CCV pitching it against the Atomica High. After dialing both of the to my liking, they sounded almost identical, but I ended up preferring the Atomica. Next, I'll have to pitch it against Spawn Nitrous which was my favorite Hotrodded Marshall in Ares.

I am not going to read through entire thread as it is huge, but I am experiencing the USB timing out on a mac but not a Pc. Maybe after 15 mins of inactivity on Axe edit ona mac it just times out and AXE3 needs to rebooted to connect again. Not the end of teh world but still not ideal. Dunno if anyone else is experiencing that? doesn't do it on my Pc

I am not going to read through entire thread as it is huge, but I am experiencing the USB timing out on a mac but not a Pc. Maybe after 15 mins of inactivity on Axe edit ona mac it just times out and AXE3 needs to rebooted to connect again. Not the end of teh world but still not ideal. Dunno if anyone else is experiencing that? doesn't do it on my Pc
Not experiencing that here. I have it on for 8+ hours sometimes. Is this just happening since the beta? Or did this happen before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom