Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my Mac Mini M1 so it would never go to sleep, and I've yet to have another incident like yours. I know my monitor won't last as long, but I'm happy to not have this issue. FWIW. Lee
I have an old mac and I don't let it sleep. But I do set the monitor to turn off after a while.

I played around with the CCV pitching it against the Atomica High. After dialing both of the to my liking, they sounded almost identical, but I ended up preferring the Atomica. Next, I'll have to pitch it against Spawn Nitrous which was my favorite Hotrodded Marshall in Ares.

Actually, I can hear quite a big difference between them.

I used atomica high almost exlusively last 2 years but a few months ago, I discovered the CCV and daaaaamn....

the feel of ccv is unreal, spongy and elastic but also supertight and chewy at the same time with aggresive kerrang and cleans up amazingly, almost like a dumble models... my all time favourite model in axe /,,/

Edit : the biggest difference is liveliness of ccv, compared to atomica.
I am sure the bright switch in ccv models helps a lot with that.

I’ve had this situation happen as well in Cygnus with the 59 Bassman showing up until I click the Amp block then it displays the correct Amp block for the selected preset.
Same issue here. The 59 Bassman shows up in the display even though I don't have that amp in any channel in the amp block.

I changed my Mac Mini M1 so it would never go to sleep, and I've yet to have another incident like yours. I know my monitor won't last as long, but I'm happy to not have this issue. FWIW. Lee
I can’t get the monitor to properly power off despite the options or display settings...and sometimes it resets at night if I forget to turn it off and when it comes back on the monitor stays on all night long; so I was worried about that same issue, it’s killing my monitor lol and I can’t stop it

I just realized , I can just click the power button on the monitor , when I power down the axe and speakers duhh haha wow lol

Actually, I can hear quite a big difference between them.

I used atomica high almost exlusively last 2 years but a few months ago, I discovered the CCV and daaaaamn....

the feel of ccv is unreal, spongy and elastic but also supertight and chewy at the same time with aggresive kerrang and cleans up amazingly, almost like a dumble models... my all time favourite model in axe /,,/

Edit : the biggest difference is liveliness of ccv, compared to atomica.
I am sure the bright switch in ccv models helps a lot with that.

Yes, big difference between Atomica and CCV.

To be fair, he didn't say the models were the same, or that the Atomica is across the board better. Just that when he dialed them both how he likes them they ended up at a very similar tone, with the Atmoica slightly edging out the CCV for the sound he was going for.

Looking forward to trying this next week when I’m back at the Axe III.

My litmus test has been to select a Fender Deluxe or Twin with a typical IR, crank up the volume to something close to rehearsal volume and strum the strings with a solid sweep, but muted with the left hand. An amp gives a solid ‘thwack’ that you can feel. Since somewhere in the Axe II evolution, it’s been close enough to be satisfying, but not identical. From the descriptions I’ve read, it seems as though this FW delivers the goods.

Other modelers were never even close for me.

Just installed the beta and played for a few minutes. Delivers the goods; does what it says on the tin. Bravo!

To be fair, he didn't say the models were the same, or that the Atomica is across the board better. Just that when he dialed them both how he likes them they ended up at a very similar tone, with the Atmoica slightly edging out the CCV for the sound he was going for.
Bingo 😀

I still have the preset. Maybe, I can upload a clip later.

I think Fractal should take the time to fine-tune Cygnus. Please do not over quick releases
+1

even if I can't wait to install the final version, I prefer to wait even a month or more for a bug-free version, since we have to redo everything, rather than seeing updates appear every week because of a premature release. I take the opportunity to refine my sounds in 15.01 and it already works very well

+1

even if I can't wait to install the final version, I prefer to wait even a month or more for a bug-free version, since we have to redo everything, rather than seeing updates appear every week because of a premature release. I take the opportunity to refine my sounds in 15.01 and it already works very well

That's the beauty of Public Betas. If it wasn't for this release, maybe Cliff wouldn't caught the bug in the 5153 Red and possibly others hidden here and there. I'm pretty sure Cliff and the FAS team aren't rushing anything (have they ever? Honestly).

For me, releasing Public Betas like this is a very efficient way to speed up towards a [mostly] bug free Official Release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom