Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like the part of it where English Speakers were ruled by a ruling class that couldn't be bothered to learn the finer details of the language, but since they were the ruling class it became the de facto standard. And that's where we lost most of our verb conjugations aside form the 3rd person form (I run, you run, they run, he runs...).

Is that how English lost its second person plural? I’ve always wondered how English has evolved to fill that void with “y’all” and “you guys”.

I love the fact that "you" is actually second person plural

think about it... do you feel all majestic yet?
Yeah, English is lacking in subject pronouns. The northeast US Italian use of "youse" actually makes sense. In Appalachia, they say "youins", or 'yinz' in Pittsburg. Down south, it's "y'all", a contraction of "you all".

Another odd lack in English is the absence of a gender-neutral (or gender-unknown) 3rd person singular pronoun. People don't like to be referred to as "it", so we end up saying things like "he or she" or similar, which invites one gender to feel like they are "less than" due to being listed second, no matter which order you use, because people are often so intent on scrutinizing every single thing for an excuse to be offended that it makes you want to go live in a cave in France....

Yeah, English is lacking in subject pronouns. The northeast US Italian use of "youse" actually makes sense. In Appalachia, they say "youins", or 'yinz' in Pittsburg. Down south, it's "y'all", a contraction of "you all".

Another odd lack in English is the absence of a gender-neutral (or gender-unknown) 3rd person singular pronoun. People don't like to be referred to as "it", so we end up saying things like "he or she" or similar, which invites one gender to feel like they are "less than" due to being listed second, no matter which order you use, because people are often so intent on scrutinizing every single thing for an excuse to be offended that it makes you want to go live in a cave in France....
Have you checked out Anglish? Give it a look. English without any non-Germanic loan words.

does your cave in France have electricity? You know, for your Axe FX III?

I spent like three hours today just playing with the Princeton Reverb and effects today. It was great! The fuzzes feel really good running into the Cygnus’d Princeton in my opinion!

Going through your link (and further research) didn't really produce anything other than: "we may miss out on some culture" . With that, I guess one -could- be considered unsophisticated (part of the definition of ignorant [oxford American])... but that would really just be an opinion not worthy of consideration as ones sophistication can be created and manifest in many ways (besides mere culture).

Lack of awareness being another part of the definition of ignorant... Not really seeing how that would apply either.
Being fully in present time is what is needed for this (awareness) to occur.
LOL, well maybe one might not be aware of the two fellas speaking derogatorily (in another language) about him.

But, yeah, ok... I guess if you isolate two parts of the definition of ignorant (lacking knowledge of [in this case a foreign/second language] and uneducated [regarding having been schooled in a foreign language]), you could make a case of being ignorant.

Perhaps I'm being a bit pedantic?

Nah, I don't think so... Being shoehorned into the stereotype of ignorant American is infact pretty uncool. And part of a code I live by states to: never disparage myself or minimize my strength or power. 💪🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom