Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically for the Dynamic Presence and Depth thing, there used to be advanced parameters called Dynamic Presence and Dynamic Depth. Basically, the harder you played the more the amp would turn up the presence (which simulates how some real amps act sometimes) and the same for depth (except no real amp does that, it was just there for fun). But the new algorithms have removed those options entirely. That means if you'd made heavy use of those options to create your tone (as I suspect Tone Ranger did) then you'd head something very different with them suddenly gone. But they aren't on by default, so if you didn't go in and explicitly set them you don't need to worry.

3.1 also has improved bias grid clipping algorithms which improved the sound too.
I’ll give it a whirl on Saturday.

Unless of course......

If we are still discussing the beta in here and not just bickering, I still find the CAE3+ is way less gainy and compresses less than the previous firmware. Anyone else have the same experience? I can‘t seem to dial in the same ratio of gain and compression that I liked on the old model.
the gain can be affected by an update like this.

in many cases, increasing (or decreasing) the Input Trim control can give you more/less gain without changing the tone. try turning that up and see if you can get the gain you previously had.

--
as far as wanting to use a Drive pedal in front of the amp, don't forget about the Boosts built right into the Amp block. Leon made me try the CC boost yesterday (hehe) and WOW that thing is great!

So far I'm liking everything I'm hearing in this beta. No complaints or critique here.
...That’s not the first time I offense people because I don’t use the good words ... when you learned English with punk and metal bands it does that 😓
I know what you mean. I'm a native English speaker and most of the Spanish I know was learned on construction sites. I know just enough Spanish to get into a fight, lol.

I use the dynamic depth in all my presets . And trying Cygnus, I don’t feel the lack of this option, that’s a good point as I was afraid about this .
The things I really like are the improvements of the clean channels . Even the clean of peavey sounds like the real head. The clean of the Archean is 👍🏻 And very improved too . There is a lot more of pick attack globally . This is the thing I feel the most in the update . Then yes ok, the dist seems more savage , but we have tons of buttons to change that .

I getcha, but somebody a few posts ago was saying that Cygnus wasn’t as tight as the previous firmware.
That was probably me, only because I used dynamic presence a bit and Cygnus doesn’t have it.

Attachments

• 48A795A6-989E-4BC0-962A-D0CE600A89ED.jpeg
    48A795A6-989E-4BC0-962A-D0CE600A89ED.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 37
I’m pretty happy with 3.0 on the FM3, but I’m chomping at the bit for the Cygnus update.
I have both the FM3 running 3.02b and the AF3 running beta 4. The FM3 sounds very good, and prior to putting Cygnus beta on the AF3, I couldn't tell the difference between the two if I put the same preset on both. Cygnus changed that. It's an eye-opening (ear-opening?) difference.

I have both the FM3 running 3.02b and the AF3 running beta 4. The FM3 sounds very good, and prior to putting Cygnus beta on the AF3, I couldn't tell the difference between the two if I put the same preset on both. Cygnus changed that. It's an eye-opening (ear-opening?) difference.
Sure, rub it in...

Just when I started broadening my horizons further than Fender & Marshall type amps, they drop this work of art on us. Ive been having fun with the Trainwreck models tonight, especially the Liverpool.
I tried the Comet 60 as well, after so many recommendation, and didn’t like it at first. Then watched Leon’s video again and with his settings it was much nicer. I never would have even tried those settings myself (cranked kids, treble AND presence? Really?) and probably moved on, so thank goodness for Leon, again. An absolute legend in the community.
Fun with the SLO as well, love the snarl and spit.

When I first fired up the Axe tonight I went to the preset with the amps from Leon’s 2nd Cygnus video, but this time using my McCarty 594. Sounded terrible, like bees in a tin can. Swapped guitars and a slight improvement, but still shrill and buzzy. After a lot of testing and tweaking, I checked the cab and somehow they’d all reset back to the good old “Pig 57”. Mystery solved, thank god!

Ok, I'm throwing in my 2 cents. I loaded 16 beta, love what I'm hearing and feeling. I mainly play Fender, Vox, Marshall types with the occasional Mesa MKIV. Every once in a while I need a high gain monster so after checking out the AC20 Deluxe (which imo is killer) I went to the Cameron, Splawn and Angle.
To me they do seem, not muddy but cloudy? Upper bass to lower mid heavy. I'm not real familiar with those amps so I loaded FW 15.01 and tried them again and they are much clearer although that chug weight is gone.
I am familiar with the Euro model (using the factory preset) and that didn't sound right until I did a soft rest. So I went back and did that with the Splawn and sure enough, it sounds awesome.
Next step is to use fractool and batch reset the amp block. Pretty sure that'll have me rocking. Pretty sure that Cliff wrote we don't need to do a reset as the amp will update upon loading the preset but I'm definitely hearing a difference.

Ok, I'm throwing in my 2 cents. I loaded 16 beta, love what I'm hearing and feeling. I mainly play Fender, Vox, Marshall types with the occasional Mesa MKIV. Every once in a while I need a high gain monster so after checking out the AC20 Deluxe (which imo is killer) I went to the Cameron, Splawn and Angle.
To me they do seem, not muddy but cloudy? Upper bass to lower mid heavy. I'm not real familiar with those amps so I loaded FW 15.01 and tried them again and they are much clearer although that chug weight is gone.
I am familiar with the Euro model (using the factory preset) and that didn't sound right until I did a soft rest. So I went back and did that with the Splawn and sure enough, it sounds awesome.
Next step is to use fractool and batch reset the amp block. Pretty sure that'll have me rocking. Pretty sure that Cliff wrote we don't need to do a reset as the amp will update upon loading the preset but I'm definitely hearing a difference.
He wrote that specific advanced parameters won’t reset without a manual reset. The amp changes are loaded regardless, but some parameters may not be at the new defaults. I cant link the original quote right now but maybe someone can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom