Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta

I had a couple of hours to play with the various new features. The Phaser block updates sound fantastic, the Hold/Stack feature is awesome (Stack is a trip!) and the Ultra High reverb resolutionis going to be useful.

All this said I'm still trippin' over the new D/AD Flanger type (A/DA). I'm now going through old Pat Travers albums and learning Pat Thrall's solos. The D/AD is killin' it!

Thank you for all of the new toys Cliff! :)

No opportunity yet to upload the beta.

Freakin’ out at all the incredible upgrades! 👍🏻

Any feedback on “Jet Phaser”?

With this new update everything in Axe Edit III is super slow. I mean crawling speed. I am on a Mac. It was slow after the 12.00 update. So I updated the Axe Edit to the new beta, same problem. It took over 7 minutes to read the data and cabinets like it does when you update. Then I wanted to update some of the factory presets… well that took over night to complete.

I have reinstalled and rebooted. Still the same results. It started doing this only after this 12.0 update. Even before I updated the axe edit.

It takes about 10 seconds for it to change scenes in axe edit now too…. Very painful.

Anyone else experiencing this?

And when there is a Final PUBLIC firmware it will show up on the Fractal main website here, not on the forum. Right now 11.01 is the current final PUBLIC firmware (non beta).
Buddy - your post was great and I agree with almost everything, but as a Fractal veteran, I can say based on my experience that this part isn't quite right.

The official (Final PUBLIC) firmware releases almost always drop on the forum first and the official download page often lags behind by a bit - sometimes a few days.

:D

With this new update everything in Axe Edit III is super slow. I mean crawling speed. I am on a Mac. It was slow after the 12.00 update. So I updated the Axe Edit to the new beta, same problem. It took over 7 minutes to read the data and cabinets like it does when you update. Then I wanted to update some of the factory presets… well that took over night to complete.

I have reinstalled and rebooted. Still the same results. It started doing this only after this 12.0 update. Even before I updated the axe edit.

It takes about 10 seconds for it to change scenes in axe edit now too…. Very painful.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Read the thread... ;)

Short answer: yes, some are experiencing it.

Try unplugging your FC. Or wait several minutes after starting the Axe Fx before starting Axe-Edit.

Also, try updating to the Axe-Edit that was released today.

Man, I'm really enjoying the new OD 250 drive. Something really cool in the mids and highs just pops out- bright and juicy, but not too picky. Really seems to like the Z-Coils on my Comanche.

Ultra high verb is more vivid and detailed, not that high didn’t sound great. But before I found myself really fussing over the mix % as just the slightest bit too wet and things started to get a bit washy. Now it just adds a very real, dimensional layer that doesn’t get in the way of the dry signal.

Looking forward to clean guitar phaser fun next, thanks Cliff and company!

I’m a Mac. Everything updated to the latest levels. Quite a few glitches occurring. I’m assuming a resolving update is around the corner. Haven’t unplugged my FC12. Seeing numerous problems in Axe Edit.

I am also experiencing extreme latency when running this version of Axe-Edit with FC12 attached. Scene changes take 20-30 seconds when initiated from Axe-Edit. Using the FC instantly changes the preset but Axe-Edit takes 10-15 seconds to update the screen, sometimes it just won't catch up at all. Axe-Edit appears to be frozen on the previous preset and if you click any block in the preset, the controls for that block are missing. Unplugging the FC causes the controls for that block to reappear and Axe-Edit will then eventually show the correct preset. Scene changes from the FC update instantly in Axe-Edit and seem to be ok, however. Also, almost every preset shows that it's been edited upon loading and needs to be saved. Just reporting and confirming the issues others are experiencing. This is pretty rough!

Last edited:
Something different about the amps too! I am using the Super Verb Vibrato and it's amazing now! I started using a new IR combination, but I don't think that's it.

Hi Guys

just installed FW12 beta with AE1.0.4 RC1 under WIN10 64b and no pb at all that some of you have with lag.
Flangers/Phasers are great.
I really like the new OD250 (gain 5, tone 4, level 6) to fatten up a plexy 50w set on low gain (2.5). Really nice tone.

As always, a pleasure to have such regular updates from FAS: my best gear investment.

Installed it now
Seems fantastic but axe edit lag (on a mac) makes impossible to tweak from the computer.
Hopefully will get fixed soon.
Amazing update cliff thanks

I hear some clipping with the new stack feature when I use it with delays. Is it possible to add some kind of limiter to that?
Or how can i fix that?

Back
Top Bottom