Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I have not used my Frac pad in a long time (I purchased it just to have should I ever need it on the fly) Can I have an updated list of it's features/enhancements? I know it was automatically updated a few times but no idea what has changed or been added since it was first released

I have not used my Frac pad in a long time (I purchased it just to have should I ever need it on the fly) Can I have an updated list of it's features/enhancements? I know it was automatically updated a few times but no idea what has changed or been added since it was first released
Very hard to tell mate, what version did you stop on?

Man last time I used my FracPad was back when we all thought we could not use the yamaha wireless midi with an iOS device
So there may have been a lot of new things ^^
AX8/FX8 support, firmware automatic update, AxeChange support, 2d Touch controller mode, real UI display for amps and drives, customizable knobs styles, memory usage improvements, lot of new options in config menu, new performance mode (automatic song/tempo etc handling), portrait orientation handling on iOS, linked mode (modify amp1 and amp2 in the same way with a simple knob turn by example), handle scene names, Big Display mode for live use, Compare function ! etc...

So there may have been a lot of new things ^^
AX8/FX8 support, firmware automatic update, AxeChange support, 2d Touch controller mode, real UI display for amps and drives, customizable knobs styles, memory usage improvements, lot of new options in config menu, new performance mode (automatic song/tempo etc handling), portrait orientation handling on iOS, linked mode (modify amp1 and amp2 in the same way with a simple knob turn by example), handle scene names, Big Display mode for live use, Compare function ! etc...
Wow Bravo man! You are killing it. We can update firmware from it now? That is a game changer

Is it possible to use a midi pedal with Axe FX II as well as the Yamaha MD-BT01 wireless for FracPad? I would like to have wireless connection but need both midi ports on Axe FX to goto Morningstar FX MC6 Food Controller. I looked at "splitters" was wondering if they would work

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Is it possible to use a midi pedal with Axe FX II as well as the Yamaha MD-BT01 wireless for FracPad? I would like to have wireless connection but need both midi ports on Axe FX to goto Morningstar FX MC6 Food Controller. I looked at "splitters" was wondering if they would work

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Hard to say if it would work but theorically you'd need a midi merger on the midi in port and a splitter on the out port...

For those having problems with iOS 11, Yamaha just released a new firmware for the UD-BT01 and MD-BT01. Worth a try.
A new midimittr is also available :)

Hi, Al -
First, a hearty “well-done” on FracPad. Even an AxeVirgin like me can see the hard work that you’ve put into your creation.

Pls pardon if these two questions are “asked and answered” - too newb to know where to look/search for myself:

1) I’m on Week 2 with my new XL+ and my RJM MMGT16 controller arrives Saturday. Am I correct that the best way to use FracPad in this setup is wired directly to the XL+ USB port? Wireless would be très cool, but not if it involves a mess of MIDI mergers/splitters/whatevs stuffed in the back of the rack...

2) Once connected, will FracPad “play nicely” with my XL+/MMGT16 combo? Any issues I should be wary of?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Cheers,
Bruce (touch33)

Last edited:
Then you can't use FracPad with the MMGT as the MIDI ports would be used by the MMGT already... Or you'd have to use MIDI merger/splitter

Is there a known issue with activating the Looper block's functions from FracPad? It doesn't work for me.

I'm on an iPad Mini4 (iOS 11.0.3) with an MD-BT01 plugged directly into the Axe-FX II XL+'s rear MIDI ports.

I connected to a surface pro 3 without any problems.
However, I'm unable to connect to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
It has worked before.

How do I go about updating?

I connected to a surface pro 3 without any problems.
However, I'm unable to connect to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
It has worked before.

How do I go about updating?
If you use fracpad 1.10 or superior you should have been notified of an update.
Otherwise you should have received an email with a link to download the updated version

Back
Top Bottom