AX8 V8.00 Public Beta

But keep in mind Cliff said resetting the amps was not necessary with FW 8 in the AxeFX II thread. I assume its the same for the AX8.

What you do is:
1. Refresh after firmware
2. Soft reset the amp of every preset you want to use. That is: Go to the amp block, select another amp, then reselect the amp that was initially there. Done.

thank you, understand,but...should i have to do it for every preset? I mean, one at time? They are a lot...
o_O

But keep in mind Cliff said resetting the amps was not necessary with FW 8 in the AxeFX II thread. I assume its the same for the AX8.

ok, thank you, i was asking for my knowledge, because in the past sometimes was necessary.
;)

Tried resetting the amps and record a little to compare. I tried it with about 6 different stock amps (presets). There is a difference, so my conclusion is the amps needs to be reset, Keep in mind I haven't reset the amps before. I have not done that since Q6 (new to AX8:)), But all in all there is a big difference to my ears. Is there a way to reset them all at once without loosing my own presets?

And also the parameters you can see is changed after resetting the amp (picked another amp and the choosing the first amp again, as described in this tread).

on user feedback the Amp block Speaker Drive now defaults to zero.

FWIW my existing AX8 presets all had the Speaker Drive at the former default so I reselected all of my amps anyway to pick up the new default value (I didn't completely reset the block; I already did that when I went from v6 -> v7).

I could have just zero'd the Speaker Drive on all of my presets but I like a select/reselect of the amp block since it resets my EQ/ Bright Cap, etc. settings which I tweak at times. I like those types of parameters reset to the amps defaults.

Last edited:
FWIW my existing AX8 presets all had the Speaker Drive at the former default so I reselected all of my amps anyway to pick up the new default value (I didn't completely reset the block; I already did that when I went from v6 -> v7).

I could have just zero'd the Speaker Drive on all of my presets but I like a select/reselect of the amp block since it resets my EQ/ Bright Cap, etc. settings which I tweak at times. I like those types of parameters reset to the amps defaults.

Forgive the basic question, but what's the difference between an amp block reset and an amp reselect? I think I've done a reselect (pick a different amp then go back to the one that was in the preset before the firmware upgrade), but I don't know if I've ever done a reset, and so I'm not sure when a reset is necessary rather than a reselect.

Back
Top Bottom