AX8 V6.02 Public Beta

Psyched for the Timmy! I've never tried a hardcopy version but I've heard about them...

(notice I didn't say "a real one" ;-)

Timmy!!!

370c2b9d6abd501b023d565849a4b543.jpg

Ugh, the single most overrated, and most definitely not transparent, pedal of all time!

I greatly prefer the Timmy. Thanks FAS!

The Klon has a tainted reputation in these parts, and my guess will never be modeled, no big deal, I believe you can achieve equal or better results with our own FAS boost, and this new Timmy is welcome

I'm just yanking some chains...

The Klon was not for me, but I can see why some like it. The Timmy is nice, but I liked the Tim better. There were already plenty of excellent drive options in the AX8 before the addition of the Timmy.

The Klon has a tainted reputation in these parts, and my guess will never be modeled, no big deal, I believe you can achieve equal or better results with our own FAS boost, and this new Timmy is welcome

Don't understand why. I like the FAS boost, but, the Klon has a very different sound. I would prefer to have both.

I am more inclined to believe that it will take time (or never) to have a Klon emulation basically because of copyright issues and dealing with Bill Finnegan... That would make more sense to me since I feel that Cliff is not the kind of "emotional" guy that would not implement something just because "has a tainted reputation"... :p

Loaded, when I raise the speaker drive above say 3 or so the sound cuts in and out. Should I reload the firmware?

Don't understand why. I like the FAS boost, but, the Klon has a very different sound. I would prefer to have both.

I am more inclined to believe that it will take time (or never) to have a Klon emulation basically because of copyright issues and dealing with Bill Finnegan... That would make more sense to me since I feel that Cliff is not the kind of "emotional" guy that would not implement something just because "has a tainted reputation"... :p

you may be correct , but you @bsas , as a relative newb, perhaps did not witness the ugly 'klon war" that tore thru this community years ago..villages were pillaged and lives lost, and we shall speak of it no more............)

If you dig through the forums, you can find settings which supposedly mimic the Klon sound using the FET Boost.

If you dig through the forums, you can find settings which supposedly mimic the Klon sound using the FET Boost.

Hmmm, curious because the Klon is not FET based at all, it is an opamp circuit. I know because I already built a couple "klones" to friends :)

Back
Top Bottom