AX8 V6.02 Public Beta

Here is a sound test. First with the preset as is, speaker drive about 3.6 then turned to 0.

Last edited:
Here is a sound test. First with the preset as is, speaker drive about 3.6 the turned to 0.

I think it's a normal behaviour, speaker drive on that value sounds like a blown speaker. Set it between 1 and 2, find the sweet spot ;)

I'm usually patient enough to wait for the official releases but I think this time I think I can't wait and going to try the beta first. New really great additions it seems. Thanks fractal!

Thanks again, I really like the addition of the Timmy. My first trial worked very nicely with the Hook1. A-B confirmed that it eliminates the need for my Blue Note.

Timmy is a great drive, cleans really well and its really good sounding! Thanks FAS.

Also the speaker drive its what i was missing, it works beautifully, thanks for that also.

But they work the opposite way in the Axe, correct? For example, you turn the Tone knob up, the Timothy cuts less highs...... Right?

The Bass and Treble knobs are wired in the Timmy such that turning them up cuts more. Paul mentioned that he did this so you could have Bass, Treble and Gain all the way down and that would be "flat".

Also note that the Timmy Bass is pre-drive (like the Low Cut has been in the Drive block) and the Treble is post-drive.

@FractalAudio which mode was modeled on the Timmy's clipping toggle switch?

Loving the Timothy. Great drive. I recently ditched my external drive pedals and went back to the internal drives on the AX8. Thank you Fractal for never letting the enjoyment end.

Oh my are there more metal amps out there?? :) It already seems like there are 180 metal amps in this thing. Not that that is a problem. :/
When I look at the amp page I mostly see vintage blues and clean amps or classic rock and boutique . only two amps work for me for heavy sound and then I have my clean channel. So I only use three amps. I can never get enough heavy Amps. it's like guitars, more!

Thank You ! I love all the attention being given to the drives. I'll probably wait for the final release.

Back
Top Bottom