AX8 V6.02 Public Beta

Maybe a possible bug....but my VU meters has stopped working. They worked fine last night, but I went to practice tonight and I got nothing.....

Maybe a possible bug....but my VU meters has stopped working. They worked fine last night, but I went to practice tonight and I got nothing.....
Just confirming that you have an amp lock in the preset. No amp block, no VU meter. Does this issue occur across multiple presets? We will look at this tomorrow, however, in order to fix it, we have to be able to reproduce it. So, the more information you can provide, the better.

Just confirming that you have an amp lock in the preset. No amp block, no VU meter. Does this issue occur across multiple presets? We will look at this tomorrow, however, in order to fix it, we have to be able to reproduce it. So, the more information you can provide, the better.
I do have an amp block in the preset, but I believe I jumped the gun. I reloaded the FW last night and it fixed the problem, till I turned the AX8 off last night and started it up at church this morning. Same thing happened, had to run home and get me Mac to reload again to make it through service, only to get back and jiggle the cable that goes to my expression pedal I use as volume and..... voila!!! Turned out it's something with either the input Jack of my expression pedal or the cable itself. So I don't believe it had anything to so with the FW or the AX8. Its never happened before and the FW was the only thing that changed.....so I just assumed it was the FW, especially after I reloaded it and it fixed the issue. So I believe all is well now @joe rogers

6.02 review...

I loaded up 6.02b after a rehearsal and right before playing this weekend. Decided to live life on the edge!

First set, I left everything alone and stuff was its usual awesomeness. Second set, I went in and adjusted Speaker Drive to 1.00 for every preset.

DUDE. Yes. 5 stars.

This week I'll compare AX8 Timmy to my Timmy. He's one of the essential components of my main dirty chime sound.

Thanks for the Timmy. It is definitely discreet, but adds some mojo and shizzle :)

I have to play more with the speaker drive to fully grasp it. To some extent, I guess it's a little like transformer drive. Too much sounds awful, but just a little bit adds wonderful saturation.

How does the Speaker drive interact with the IR. To my ears, Celestion G12M25 and Celestion Blue 'distort' very differently, and some american speakers distort very different from both of those. Is it a sort of middle ground that is modeled? Is speaker distortion really more or less the same across all speakers, and the EQ characteristics just make it sound different?

Is speaker distortion really more or less the same across all speakers, and the EQ characteristics just make it sound different?
Mostly this. Distortion gives a broad swath of frequencies to be voiced by the speaker's EQ.

not really hearing “throaty” with the speaker drive though my Friedmans. At least I wouldn't call it that but still cool what it does

Any chance FAS can switch back all the preamp tube selections to their correct settings in the presets in the non beta release of 6.02 ? Same applies for resetting the wah blocks

Back
Top Bottom