Dumble (Ford 2) again....

Paco, this decision of yours is totally immature, to be honest.

Cliff nails what many amp builders have expressed in the past.

Hope you cool off Paco. I know people can be passionate and things can get heated. Good vibes to everyone.

Hey Paco, another vote hoping you come back! Better still, work with Cliff on getting the Paco model into Quantum 2.0

Paco, FWIW, I'd like to add my voice to the chorus asking you not to leave the board. Although some of your comments in the past have come across as a bit antagonistic toward Fractal, your contributions, amp insights, playing and Axe-Fx patches have been appreciated by many (I do love your Ford ODS patch). So please Paco, give yourself a chance to cool off, and get back in here and keep your good thoughts coming.

Hope you cool off Paco. I know people can be passionate and things can get heated. Good vibes to everyone.

With due respect, this is a bunch of grown men on a message board discussing gear, not a family xmas dinner. I don't like to see people get upset either, but really, what's with all the pandering? If he's had enough, leave him be. He'll come back if he wants to. We all take breaks from discussion boards from time to time.

If people have overly sensitive dispositions, they should definitely stay out of any discussion regarding Dumble amplifiers.

Last edited:
With due respect, this is a bunch of grown men on a message board discussing gear, not a family xmas dinner. I don't like to see people get upset either, but really, what's with all the pandering? If he's had enough, leave him be. He'll come back if he wants to. We all take breaks from discussion boards from time to time.

If people have overly sensitive dispositions, they should definitely stay out of any discussion regarding Dumble amplifiers.

Ok then. No more "pandering."

Or just off the Internet in general.

I tend to avoid anything that I know is going to upset me. If you are passionate about something, have unchangeable views and you are of the type of personality to get offended or upset, then stay away from discussions on the subject. It really is that simple.

Let me give you an example. I avoid discussions about the price of boutique amplifiers like I build when people are complaining they can buy an xyz production amp for much less. I used to jump in and justify the pricing and get all bent out of shape. What's the point? these people have their views, are not going to be interested in what I have to say, nor are they every likely going to be interested in buying an amp. So why give myself heartburn ? Plus as a builder, you become an online target for the whack jobs and disgruntled people out there that hate anyone who spends more than $500 on a guitar amp.

Last edited:

Agreed. While Paco is valuable on this board, this discussion of his 'holy grail' has taken up a bit more of the air in this room than is necessary (this is not the only thread on this.) Cliff has offered to model one that he considers that tone, but he does not have one at this time. Cliff also confirmed his schematic records on this. It should be over and done with.

And doubly agree that you should leave your feelings at the door in ANY Dumble thread.

(And WTF are 'fragile harmonics?')

R

Ok then. No more "pandering."

I don't know.. we all pandered our asses off that time when Chris (Axe-FX Tutorials) was going to leave, and he came back. Pandering success!

The point is, some guys make really unique, interesting and\or helpful contributions and I think, like Chris, Paco qualifies. Heck, I still miss Jay Mitchell in here.. we failed to pander him back into the fold.

Agreed. While Paco is valuable on this board, this discussion of his 'holy grail' has taken up a bit more of the air in this room than is necessary (this is not the only thread on this.) Cliff has offered to model one that he considers that tone, but he does not have one at this time. Cliff also confirmed his schematic records on this. It should be over and done with.

And doubly agree that you should leave your feelings at the door in ANY Dumble thread.

(And WTF are 'fragile harmonics?')

R

Awwww...an overly sensitive Dumbleite......Bless.

'fragile harmonics' come on you've never seen this???.........its a classic, right up there with '12 Angry Men' !!! Maybe not, there was way more truth in that movie.
This is what Cliff was referring to in his post.
Dumbles explanation of a tubes vs transistors is completely bizarre and inaccurate.

Last edited:
I don't know.. we all pandered our asses off that time when Chris (Axe-FX Tutorials) was going to leave, and he came back. Pandering success!

The point is, some guys make really unique, interesting and\or helpful contributions and I think, like Chris, Paco qualifies. Heck, I still miss Jay Mitchell in here.. we failed to pander him back into the fold.

What did Jay do, Patronize himself to the point he fell out with himself ?

I see this thread more about D style designs than getting ruffled about actual Dumble amplifiers themselves.

The contention being are their sufficient user parameters in the Fractal model to re-create various D style amplifier circuits.

Whether or not an actual Dumble is special, worth the $$ or what is really not in contention in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom